• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Where's the pretty weather effects?

Started by squirrelof09, November 16, 2009, 05:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirrelof09

It seems that, even if your FPS exceed the normal set values for graphics adjusting all weather effects do not come back such as Snow, rain and lighting.

I have to go into options and click weather on if I remember that a map has snow or something. It's been bothering me for several patches ago. Also, I almost nearly never go under 150 FPS in multi and it seems that weather is always getting turned off when switching to another map.

I even have this set in local prefs

WeatherOffFPS = 15.0
WeatherOnFPS = 21.0

I still miss those pretty weather effects.

Is this a mistake no one has noticed?
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

Nielk1

I had a map I never new had weather till I accidentally hit shift+f4 then suddenly it was there. Turned the 3D cockpit back off and it reset again but still showed it.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

In a couple of Fleshstorm 2 missions I had to make the DLL constantly reset the weather settings because pausing and minimising the game caused weather to stop working. You may have noticed the screen flickering black or red for a split second every so often in missions 3 and 5.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

If i tab in and out in the editor the weather always comes back for me in maps that i have made.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

squirrelof09

But, is this a bug? What's the deal with it?

TheJamsh

Not really sure, to be honest weather has always been a bit dodgy. In the editor i have to constantly turn it off and on if i change something for the major effects to show which gets annoying.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

squirrelof09

Yeah. I remember doing the same thing when I map edited. I guess it's just one of those goofy things we'll have to deal with now with the auto-adjust graphics in place.

Tricky

I noticed a certain lack of snowflakes.  :-(

Maybe it starts counting the fps while the level hasn't finished loading yet, and ends up with an fps of less than 1 at the beginning?

Tricky

This is really killing me. It takes a lot of atmosphere out of the game.

I noticed the shift-F4 trick also solves another problem I have been very suspicous of. The water reflections that always seemed to be missing (I didn't know for sure until I loaded a Bane map). I think I'll make a separate thread about that.