• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Electronic Arts Confirms Pandemic Studios Closure

Started by RubiconAlpha, November 17, 2009, 03:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubiconAlpha

Just read this on IGN.

November 17, 2009 - Electronic Arts has confirmed rumored reports of the closing of Los Angeles-based developer Pandemic Studios. The company says it will let go "roughly" 200 employees as part of its cost reduction plan it announced last week. The plan saw over 1,500 workers let go and the closing of "several facilities."

"Today, EA has informed employees that Pandemic Studios and all related franchises will be relocated to the EALA facility in nearby Playa Vista, and EA spokesperson told IGN. "The consolidation will result in the reduction of roughly 200 positions at Pandemic."

"EA is committed to the Pandemic brand and franchises," the spokesperson added. "A core team of Pandemic developers will move to EALA and continue development on Pandemic games with a focus on quality, cost management and schedule integrity."

Electronic Arts also said the studio's founders, Josh Resnick, Andrew Goldman and executive Greg Borrud, will leave the company. All employees let go are said to receive severance and outplacement assistance.

Nielk1

Great, now EA can *Ammo*up the titles we love instead of letting the good people do their good work.

Click on the image...

GSH

I posted some thoughts here: http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10188.0.html . Long story short: like most arguments, both sides are probably at least a bit at fault.

-- GSH

lucky_foot

When that happens it makes it just that harder to take. It would be easy to blame one side if it was completely there fault. :(

Jonathan S.

AcneVulgaris

Wow.  End of an era indeed.

I hear Austin is really cool.  I'm sure you'll like it GSH.  Just don't let them teach your kids to speak Texan at school.

On the flip side, the value of my two autographed BZII cds has quadrupled at least!

GSH

On the flip side, the value of my two autographed BZII cds has quadrupled at least!

That and $3.99 will get you some starbucks coffee.

-- GSH

technoid

Any idea what will become of the current Pandi forum?  As you can see, it's a link on the home page.  It would be nice if someone saves (backup) the current forum at Pandemic before its purged. It was sad when the first forum died/hacked.  There will be no more Watchman to watch over it this time. 

GSH

Red Devil

What box???

TheJamsh

RD - theres an official strategy guide at the bottom of that link :O

awesome!

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

CivBase

$94?!?!?  That's outragous!  Who would pay that much for a game that's over a decade old?

It's too bad... EA kills everything...

Warfreak

HOLY HELL...

Well everyone, was a nice run. (I'm implying that the SKYROCKETED price of a legal copy will make it impossible to get new players who follow the law as they should)

TheJamsh

battlezone 1 gold going to $80 or so., so about £50 quid here, thats HIGHER than ANY Xbox360 game just released!

worth every penny!

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.