• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

New units usable in multiplayer strat?

Started by sreams, November 18, 2009, 01:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sreams

Maybe I'm overlooking something obvious, but I can't see a way to use the Greenheart and Commando variants in multiplayer strat mode. it's available for MPI games, but I'd like to play a human opponent and have us both be able to utilize the new units. Thanks for any help.

Mr X

You just change the recycler variant on strat on the extra options menu, they are definitely there.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

General BlackDragon

enter into console after you select the map:

network.session.svar4 "mpvehiclesgh.txt"

and:

network.session.svar5 "ivrecyghb"

*****General BlackDragon*****

mrtwosheds

And you will soon discover why its mpi only. Stealth mode is not for strat.

TheJamsh

neither are furies. The recs are imbalanced, and should be for MPI use only.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Commando

Yeah, the variants were never designed for human vs. human strat.  They were only developed for MPI.

Red Spot

I've played a strat game with Commando B recy's (iirc) with Grizzly ..
Very boring gameplay as well, if you use the Hsabre with dual blast it sucks the fun out of the game ... imo ...
(and it doesnt unbalance a thing when you both play as the same race)
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

mrtwosheds

Maybe nobody decided to sit in your base in a phantom and just hop out to snipe you every time you build a new ship, its no fun trying to hunt down your opponent by sound and the occasional collision alone.

Zero Angel

QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

TwinShadow

I used the GreenHeart variant in a strat with a couple friends of mine. It was actually quite fun too. The map I chose wasn't the best for base building though, but oh well, I guess in the end I know how to make use of stuff.

Use, the variants are designed for use under MPI only. There are only very few times where I would use imbalanced variants in a strat, and that is only with friends I trust. (however, it may be a while before I do another game with someone because he decided to be an idiot and break a rule I set) I was actually doing that particular game to teach a couple friends of mine a lesson on how to be wary of your surroundings and never stay still. (the Comm Bunker is another story entirely)

Of course, can't say we like to have some fun every once in a while.

bb1

Quote from: mrtwosheds on November 25, 2009, 10:08:25 AM
Maybe nobody decided to sit in your base in a phantom and just hop out to snipe you every time you build a new ship, its no fun trying to hunt down your opponent by sound and the occasional collision alone.

Agreed...even with 5.1 through ALchemy (restores front and rear sound) the location is hard to pinpoint. Only mortars could give away their position, but not without damaging your base first..