• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Planet Creation Thread

Started by Clavin12, November 19, 2009, 09:48:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clavin12

Here's a thread for brainstorming, and inventing terrains for the different worlds on which the CP takes place. Lets start with the moon. It probably shouldn't be just a generic moon. Suggestions?
C l a v i n 1 2

General BlackDragon

and lets name it Bob.

How about a nice greeny jungle planet?

*****General BlackDragon*****

Clavin12

Well it has to be in line with the story. I'm pretty sure the entire story takes place on the Cthonian home-world, and the moon, although we could include some small missions on outlying planets. That being the case the cthonian homeworld could have millions of environments, although I'd like to see jungles, but mountainous ones, with lots of elevation changes. An if there are going to be mountains there are going to be deserts.

Take the windward Andes for example

C l a v i n 1 2

AHadley

Quote from: Clavin12 on November 19, 2009, 10:02:29 AM
I'm pretty sure the entire story takes place on the Cthonian home-world, and the moon

Clavin, read the story again. That's completely wrong.

Mr X

Clavin, did you read the story at all?

Well it has to be in line with the story. I'm pretty sure the entire story takes place on the Cthonian home-world

Nope.
I shouldn't even have to tell you that...

and the moon

No, it takes place on a lifeless moon never before encountered.

And other planets are out, their carrier is shot down.

Go and re-read the story immediately.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

AHadley

Quote from: Mr X on November 19, 2009, 12:04:43 PM
Clavin, did you read the story at all?

Nope.
I shouldn't even have to tell you that...

Is that not exactly what I just said? :P

Clavin12

Quote from: Mr X on November 19, 2009, 12:04:43 PM

I didn't mean that moon, I meant the moon in the story. Just a second.
C l a v i n 1 2

Clavin12

Ok, so i re read the story and as far as I can tell only one planet (not necessarily the home world) and the strange moon are used.
C l a v i n 1 2

Mr X

Clavin, it definitely isn't the homeworld.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

Clavin12

Oh...Ok. Just a small mistake, on my part. Anyway...Since the majority of the mission take place on it can we make it multi-environmental? We could even draw a map of it. That would be cool, if in the mission menu when you go to do a single mission it shows you where on the planet it takes place.
C l a v i n 1 2

sabrebattletank

Feared_1

Instead of demanding that someone goes back to read the story, why not correct them? Give your own idea while you're at it. Don't jump on opportunities to talk down on people just for the sake of talking down on people.

To keep this post from being hypocritical:

It doesn't have to take place on one planet, and, like Clavin said, one planet can have several different environments. Some fighting could be in a black volcano-scarred landscape with streams of lava. Slightly South is the rain forest, to the North is the desert (examples).

EDIT: stupid spelling mistakes

sabrebattletank

We could even take it to the extreme: underground ice-caverns.

Clavin12

Quote from: Feared_1 on November 19, 2009, 04:06:20 PM
Instead of demanding that someone goes back to read the story, why not correct them? Give your own idea while you're at it. Don't jump on opportunities to talk down on people just for the sake of talking down on people.

To keep this post from being hypocritical:

It doesn't have to take place on one planet, and, like Clavin said, one planet can have several different environments. Some fighting could be in a black volcano-scarred landscape with streams of lava. Slightly South is the rain forest, to the North is the desert (examples).

EDIT: stupid spelling mistakes
There should be mountains, forest on one side, desert on the other. Deserts are always on the leeward (away from the wind) side of mountains. But if we're going to do it that way we'll have to invent trade winds too. But none of this should be too hard.
C l a v i n 1 2

Feared_1

Quote from: Clavin12 on November 19, 2009, 04:29:44 PM
There should be mountains, forest on one side, desert on the other. Deserts are always on the leeward (away from the wind) side of mountains. But if we're going to do it that way we'll have to invent trade winds too. But none of this should be too hard.

Yep, that was just an example. I don't know what the planet is like at all.