• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Hardware Only?

Started by Ultraken, November 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ultraken

Ooh, that's a good point.  Intel IGPs are the bane of game developers everywhere...

(Of course, it's not like I'd be having D3D do much heavy lifting.)

AHadley

Quote from: Ultraken on November 30, 2009, 01:02:36 AM
Ooh, that's a good point.  Intel IGPs are the bane of game developers everywhere...

(Of course, it's not like I'd be having D3D do much heavy lifting.)

:D... *shuffles into corner*

technoid

Quote from: ssuser on November 25, 2009, 05:03:47 PM
Jeez, technoid, where do you store all that stuff? I hate having too much old hardware around.

There are alot of emulators floating around on the net for running old software, you can even go back to the days of the old mainframes.

I have plenty of space, at the moment.  Some of my old motherboards (286's, 386's) have been relegated (entombed) into ESD bags.  I've got enough empty XT and AT cases that I don't know what to do with.  Oh yeah and I also have a Royal typewriter, circa 1902, one of my prized possessions, given to me by an old couple 25+ years ago.  Haven't seen that couple, but I'm sure they're both long gone.  The typewriter is still in good working condition, I even used it to type up papers back in high school.

Yeah, I use CCS64 as one of the C64 emulators.  There are tons of D64 images people made lying around on the net.

Quote from: Ultraken on November 29, 2009, 09:55:42 AM
I'll keep the original renderer in a separate branch just in case.

Thanks, glad I could convince you.  :P

Ultraken

I may end up keeping the software renderer intact for the first implementation, since replacing Execute Buffer instructions with the equivalent D3D9 operations wasn't particularly hard.  It's interesting how much simpler D3D9 makes setting things up.  :)