• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Battlezone1 kerfuffle

Started by Ultraken, November 20, 2009, 01:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwinShadow

I'm banned from Spocks forum, and I can see who the true abusers of power are. He also deleted my post as well (I have it uploaded, because I had a feeling he would do that)

At any rate, don't y'all think this has probably gone on long enough and maybe we should just move on? I'm sure Ken is working on fixing BZ1 when time permits, just that he may be a little slow on occasions to get something out because.. well, he could be busy with something. Same with Nathan and BZ2, since he has stuff to find out as it is.

VSMIT

Quote from: TwinShadow on November 26, 2009, 09:23:24 PM
At any rate, don't y'all think this has probably gone on long enough and maybe we should just move on? I'm sure Ken is working on fixing BZ1 when time permits, just that he may be a little slow on occasions to get something out because.. well, he could be busy with something. Same with Nathan and BZ2, since he has stuff to find out as it is.
We can move on, but I doubt that Spock's group will.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

TwinShadow

No no, I meant this topic in general. =P I know they will never change now that I'm their receiving end for bans. XD

Ultraken

I've actually been helping out a bit on other things, just not the renderer.  I plan to take a stab at it soon, though.   :-D

Baldrick

Nielk1

I liked your post on freeforums. I thought it was actually constructive and showed a willingness to see 'our' point of view. But my reply and Spork's which were both answering the questions you posed were removed.
When I questioned this removal on the grounds of hypocrisy. I too joined the hallowed hall of banned Battlezoners.

On a more constructive note, I am still interested in helping Ultraken in testing BZ on Windows 7, As I am one of the relative few it seems who can play BZ1 on 7.

TheJamsh

I kind of skimmed over and would like to make a point...

I am responsible for banning spock from here both times, because CmptrWz OWNS this site, and HE made it clear he doesn't want links here, because SOMEONE complained to his server people that there was a link here before. I was upholding the rules of the forum, just like any global moderator should. Had i been a regular user, i would have complained about it to a glob moderator too.

Many of you were either not on this forum or not visiting when CmptrWz was going to shut it down, he got pretty pissed with what the BZ community had turned into and basically couldn't be arsed to endorse it anymore. TBH i cant blame him. It was only through the dedication and sponsorship money through the users on this forum that it stayed alive.

Spock came here and posted a link which was illegal. He knew that, if he didnt then he didn't read the rules. That goes for anyone else too, read the rules if you don't know them, then you have a valid standing to argue your case if you think you have been banned for no reason. I gave him a temporary ban and told him to return in three days when he could read the rules. He didnt, and continued to hide links to his illegal installer in posts, so it was a permaban. As far as im concerned he got lucky, because had CmptrWz seen that he would have been permabanned the first time.

Spock is one guy, who owns a website that everyone continually gets banned from when they question HIS rules, yet he thinks he has this right to do it on other forums. He has issues which he needs to sort. What goes around comes around, one day he will find himself alone because he has alienated everyone around him who doesnt pay attention to his pathetic rules. He has his methods, i once actually became hostile towards Dx because he sank his hollow words in. Hes a poison who tries to break up other communities so his dying one can live on. If he wasnt such an asshole his would have lived on anyway.

I have no doubt i'll be contacted and flamed by him for this post but the point is i couldn't care less, and neither should you lot. I never played BZ1, and couldn't care less about it quite frankly. In fact some of you may not wish to hear this, but once the addon pack is out, i will be going very quiet trying to get my actual mod done, and plan to eventually emulate BZ2 in the Unreal Engine (with some help no doubt). I'll play the emulated version on BZC when its released (i'll have to anyway now im on the dev team in some respects, and ill have to play through BZ1 to get the right 'feel').

Fact is, you should ALL just leave him be. Sooner or later he will realise people will say what they want when they want, and he can't stop it.

Good day to you ladies and gents.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

TwinShadow

I've played BZ1 a couple times. The physics are very, very different from BZ2. I believe it was more designed around ship maneuvering rather than the pilot, since pilot controls I feel are a bit clunky. I didn't play BZ1 for very long because well.. starting off with BZ2, I can't really get used to the older physics for some reason. XD

And Dx, I think TJ was talking about emulating BZ2 in Unreal, not BZ1. At least, that's what I gather since he's been talking about it here frequently, and a couple times in the IRC room.

AHadley

Just to reassert my position firmly in no-man's land on this one.

Also, I'm registering at BZC so I can speak to these guys personally and try to help.

TheJamsh

Well im only doing the AIP's for BZClassic, Av and GBD are taking care of the rest.

I would at some point love to move BZ2 to unreal engine, but wether or not that happens depends on a) how many people could help out and b) if i can find the time.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

LMAO! He removed my post and banned me, and everyone here can see how clean, simple, and correct my post was. I still would prefer my user be deleted instead of banned but, hey, close enough.

Click on the image...

Warfreak

*Third Party Voice, cause you all know I could give less of a crap about BZ1 Drama*

Well, obviously both sides are Biased towards their view, and have SOME reason, but in the end you all are a bunch of retards for trying to bring your crap over to where I and others who could care less HAVE to see it.
All because it is "safe" here for your crap, don't go posting away here, I hope that a moderator here gets smart and deletes those kinds of posts.
(Yes, you all know who you are, trying to "preserve" your posts so we all can see that you are trying to make yourself a damn Martyr, your not, you are being a damn 2 year old.)

Nielk1

Quote from: Warfreak on November 27, 2009, 02:31:04 PM
(Yes, you all know who you are, trying to "preserve" your posts so we all can see that you are trying to make yourself a damn Martyr, your not, you are being a damn 2 year old.)

I did the same thing with Sean when he went mad with power on BZTron on BZ2MD. And for the record I wanted to get rid of my account on his site, a martyr doesn't do things for personal gain like that.

I actually got a good dialog going on Spock's site with calm truthful and factually driven replies before it was deleted.

Click on the image...

Warfreak

My point slightly stands, don't make it appear safe to be doing that crap. Last thing a lot of us want is this forum getting dragged into something we could care less about. (We care about BZ1, YES. We care about the crap revolving BZ1, NO.)

*yes, i do fear this section of the forums becoming a flame war-zone... again.*

Also, a big thanks to those BZ1 users who HAVEN'T come here to start one since this topic came up. Seriously, you DON'T know how much your refusal to stoop to the other few's level is appreciated.

Launch

Well since my name was drug into this ...

I understand most here are younger than myself and get upset a little easier at some posts  , but why they flame a game they do not even play is still a mystery to me. This is the BZ 1 forum correct? All I will say is speaking from experience I still think Spock and DX have mental issues , they clearly love the game but from both of their conduct and not willing to collaborate I find it hard to deal with either.

There IMO should be a server for both the original BZ as well as a updated versions such as BZE , which is causing a rift at the moment. Hail to Ken for taking the time to help this old game breath , and maybe if some here were not so quick to ban maybe Spock could add his help along the way. If anyone should be pissed it would be me at the lies spread around on forums but ... I keep hoping for a game we all can enjoy without hackers and maybe be able to play with some of you fine young men/women here on this forum.

Ok I'm done , hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving !
http://bzfederation.com
Taking Battlezone to a new level ...

Nielk1

Happy Thanksgiving Launch, DX. :roll:

Click on the image...