• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Invisible textures...

Started by Josiah, November 21, 2009, 12:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josiah

ah, this is kinda silly, but is there some special setting you have to set somewhere to make a certain color invisible? I read that there was a special exporter that had black as invisible, but that it was replaced with one that did not have black as invisible. Just how do you make a color invisible?

Rocket

you can make a basic color transparent (red, green, or blue) in photoshop.

(photoshop) you go under channels, there should be Red, Green, and Blue (RGB)

add a new one, it will say "alpha 1" and that will be your alpha channel, white is solid, black is transparent, you can paint white and black on the alpha channel, and the white parts will be solid and the black will be transparent, and if you want to make a color invisible, what you would do, is grab the channel with the best representation of what colors you want to be transparent. Like if you wanted, green to be invisible, you would grab the green channel, copy it, and paste it into the alpha channel, then you would inverse the colors, and the green would be transparent, but the alpha channel image would probably need touching up.
Hidden Defenders Mod

Josiah

It's also a setting for opacity in the XSI material section.  This setting can make things invisible under anything but the NONE LIGHT SOURCE game setting.

The ALPHA CHANNEL described above works in any light setting but affects anything that uses that texture.

-Av-

TheJamsh

dont you mean no light sources AV? I always found that 'none' made all my transparent objects white.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Isn't that what I typed?  lol...  gotta love revisionist history.  :evil:

(thanks, that's exactly what I meant)

-Av-