• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

musical instruments

Started by iron maiden, November 21, 2009, 02:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is better, bass guitar or electric guitar?

bass guitar
3 (33.3%)
electric guitar
6 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 9

iron maiden

This is just sort of a thread to discuss musical instruments, songs, debate, favorite instrument, etc. I will start.

Well, yeah, I play bass guitar and am self taught. I consider myself pretty good knowing a few songs within a few months, amongst my life's constant chaos. I believe people constantly put down the bass, just because you can't play some guitar solo does not mean it is not a bad instrument. I use a Fender J bass but have my eyes set on the Nixxi Sixx and Steve Harris custom models, and a Gibson cherry-wood EB-O.

And you all? :|
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

VSMIT

Eeew... Fender...

Eeew... Gibson...
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

iron maiden

What, yahmaha makes good bases? yeah right.

What do have against Fender and Gibson?

Axeminister

Play a Standard Gibson Les Paul, Fender "Squire II" Stratocastor and an old acoustic my roomate found in the trash with a missing string. Got a Digitech RP70 digital effects processor and a Marshall "Lead 100 Mosfet" amplifier with a 4/12 Jackson cabinet. Dunlop Tortex  .88 mm picks all the way, I go through about 20 picks a week.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

iron maiden

Wow.................that is a lot of picks, i hardly ever play with them, not suited for bass.  love Les Paul guitar's especially the new robot model.

VSMIT

There are other manufacturers than Fender and Gibson.  I personally prefer G&L.  Or EBMM's high-end stuff.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

sabrebattletank

I have a Takamine electric/acoustic, which I bought because "Hey, if I'm spending multiple hundreds of dollars on a guitar I might as well get one that doesn't require an amp."

It's beautiful, I love it.

I also play piano, a Knabe. Quality stuff.

iron maiden

QuoteThere are other manufacturers than Fender and Gibson.  I personally prefer G&L.  Or EBMM's high-end stuff.

Granted, but they are the top dogs, and besides, as I said before, i am yet to find an efficient bass made by any other company but the two, being my bass if from Affinity does not count, it is a subdivision of Fender.

VSMIT

You do know that G&L is Leo Fender's last company, right?

iron maiden

I do now, but Fender, though now owned by CBS, remains the most well known

Fender
Gibson
Yamaha
Ibanez

The "Big Four" of the guitar world, along with their subdivision's.

TheJamsh

I dont play any of this... but my bands stuff always sounds ok, and they use a bit of this stuff:

Telecaster
Dean Razorback. This thing is enormous.
Line 6 Spider II/III
Ibanez bass... no idea which one. Ive never been a fan of ibanez guitars they always look so thin...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

TheJamsh

Oh but... Mesa Boogie and ESP for the win.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

iron maiden

QuoteIbanez bass... no idea which one. Ive never been a fan of ibanez guitars they always look so thin...

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Their basses are the most soft I have ever heard, I can hardly ever hear them.

Clavin12

I personally prefer the bagpipe. :-P
C l a v i n 1 2

iron maiden

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......electric bagpipes? :roll: