• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

musical instruments

Started by iron maiden, November 21, 2009, 02:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is better, bass guitar or electric guitar?

bass guitar
3 (33.3%)
electric guitar
6 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 9

AHadley

I started when my first band was short a bassist - so I switched over to it and started learning.

iron maiden

Which is why I am joining this band, my friend who is the drummer has a brother who plays bass, but could not get his act together. When my friend learned that I play, he asked if I would like to join and I agreed, simple as that, if I fail, I fail, depends where apple falls.
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

DrummaDude

I've been playing drums for over a decade. Used to play piano for several years. Playing guitar for 2 years now. Played cello last year. Picked up bass this year. Will pick up violin and vocals in the future (hopefully soon).

Music is huge in my life. It's one of my biggest passions, and it's also my part time job.

TheJamsh

On a note, finished tracking drums for our EP today. Not the tightest i have ever done but good enough.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

technoid

I used to play the brass basses, i.e. baritone, tuba, Sousaphone (basically a tuba) and Rhodes bass keyboard in jr high and high school.  That's 6 years in band, looong ago in a galaxy far away.  Even got a J.P. Sousa award for the high school band geek tenure. 

Nowadays I dabble in keyboards, vocals, softsynths (VSTi's, SF's, MIDI, etc), sample trackers and DAW's (record/mix), though it's been awhile since I've done those too, a bit rusty right now.  Might be assisting as a stand-in sound tech (mixer) for a band this New Years Eve, if I'm not busy. 

sabrebattletank

I used to play baritone (euphonium). Epic win.

technoid

Quote from: sabrebattletank on December 10, 2009, 02:52:23 PM
I used to play baritone (euphonium). Epic win.

Technically they are 2 different instruments (bore construct), but for the purposes of playing technique (valves, pistons, fingers, embouchure), they are somewhat similar.  The baritone I used in school was special, it was dented at the bell and the first round.   :oops:

Aarghh, flashes of the slow dull numbing pain of the Sousaphone sitting on my left shoulder during marches just came back to haunt me. 

sabrebattletank

I know, I only put euphonium in parentheses to differentiate it from the baritone sax, which is what some people think stand-alone "baritone" means.