• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Excellent.

Started by sabrebattletank, November 23, 2009, 09:21:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabrebattletank

PB 5.1 runs excellently on my laptop, now that I figured out how to use my graphics card and not the onboard graphics :p

Hint: it included updating the drivers.

Red Spot

Already found out about the drivers with TA5 .. the game seems to run much smoother than it did ever before :)
(it has some glitches, but minor ones afaik, mostly graphics related and few gameplay related)
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

sabrebattletank

Yeah, the one glitch I noticed was when viewing in Relay Bunker mode, sometimes it would only draw the middle several squares. Let me see if I can get a screenshot up. Something fixed it, maybe a restart or a pause/unpause?

TheJamsh

that means your card is running out of memory, so you either need a better card or you need to take terrain detail down to low.

Local Fog, Terrain and Lights are the biggest framerate humpers... in that order (for me).

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

Quote from: sabrebattletank on November 25, 2009, 03:30:38 PM
it would only draw the middle several squares
Quote from: TheJamsh on November 25, 2009, 03:44:07 PM
that means your card is running out of memory
Wrong.

Auto adjust put you in medium terrain mode. It does that. Draws high for near and low for far in a blocky obvious way.

Click on the image...

mrtwosheds

This sort of thing happens in the editor too if you fool with +-.
I think it is the terrain optimization.

ScarleTomato

Quote from: Nielk1 on November 25, 2009, 04:14:35 PM
Wrong.

Auto adjust put you in medium terrain mode. It does that. Draws high for near and low for far in a blocky obvious way.
If he's talking about what i think he's talking about. It's not that it just puts it in medium mode. He means that the outside squares don't get drawn at all. I've had this happen before, especially in the editor when i have the viewdistance way up. They way i have to reset it is to go into the console and reset the viewdistance each time. I dunno how to fix it in game.

Nielk1

But that is a ta5 bug fixed in pb5.1

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

It still happens to me on occasion, if i set the view distance in the editor to 1000, the terrain squares near me start randomly disappearing.

Wasn't there a similar problem to this in the last mission of QF1? The high view distance meant people cards couldn't draw all the terrain squares

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

I get it in the editor too.

technoid

That's a godmode (bunker, editor) bug, if that's what I think you're all seeing.  Basically the tiles on the far side (and left and right sides) of your satellite view are missing, even if you're moving/panning around, the tiles on those sides disappear. Is that correct?   If so, and for the record, I've been meaning to add that to the bug list (if it wasn't already there, before today) prior to release of 5.1 weeks and weeks ago, but were informally told about the "reduction" of bug reports in private beta, heh.

To remedy this situation for now (Nk1 had the right idea), go out of satellite view (logout of bunker/overseer, or out of editor mode), then change your visibilityrange in console (i.e. not in satview).  Go out of console, go back into satellite mode, go back to console, then repeat that visibilityrange.  All terrain should be seen now, no more missing "tiles".  This mostly works when extending visi range. Fogrange isn't affected.  Basically as long as you set visibility outside of godmode, it somehow keeps that in "memory".  If you go into satview and try to set visi range there first, it won't fix the missing terrain.  I think this simple bug may have been overlooked, because there may not be a lot of satellite view bug reports (I could be wrong), or because fogrange is not set greater than visi range (when fiddling around in console, and so the fog obscures the missing tiles on the outer rim of the view.

If the missing tiles reappear, do the same process over.  If this is what you're not seeing, then a picture is worth a thousand (or hundred) words, so that we all know what what the frak we're talking about.