• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Windows 7

Started by AHadley, November 28, 2009, 01:23:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AHadley

I have finally got BZ1 working on W7.

When I asked about at BZC, I was directed to the installer that Spock posted here a few weeks back. Turns out that gets it working, even though it is illegal. I'm quite suprised.

However, my AVIs don't play and my audio stutters whenever there are game graphics on the screen (by which I mean menus are fine and audio plays perfectly in the few seconds between pressing escape and the menu showing up). Any idea what could fix this?

Ultraken

Unlike previous versions, Windows 7 doesn't come with the Intel Indeo codec that most of the shell AVIs use.  I just decompressed the videos in VirtualDub on my Windows XP laptop before upgrading to 7.  The main downside is the files are now huge.  :-D

AHadley

AVIs work now that I've taken ownership of the folder and set compatibility to NT4.0, no need to download codecs at all. Quite suprising.

What can be done about the audio though?

Baldrick

I had my disc working this morning, So i decided to purge BZ98. However I changed something and now The game runs from my disc, but all the vehicles are solid black, and the FPS is less that 20. Any ideas anyone?

eddywright

Quote from: Ultraken on November 28, 2009, 02:23:12 AM
Unlike previous versions, Windows 7 doesn't come with the Intel Indeo codec that most of the shell AVIs use.  I just decompressed the videos in VirtualDub on my Windows XP laptop before upgrading to 7.  The main downside is the files are now huge.  :-D

Couldn't they be recompressed using a more common codec? Does BZ care what codec is used?

Eddy

Ultraken

Anything Windows has a codec for should work.