• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

nuke contest is this one good?

Started by S.cavA.rmyG.en, November 28, 2009, 03:28:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

best bomb?

S.A.G. Scion Terraformer
1 (8.3%)
SRV Scion DarkMatter Obliterator
0 (0%)
SRV ISDF Tactical Nuke
2 (16.7%)
Other3
0 (0%)
FE singularity mortar
0 (0%)
unreleased version of steeveeo's nuke
4 (33.3%)
other would ender?
0 (0%)
X Mod nuke
0 (0%)
Obomba
1 (8.3%)
DAbomb
2 (16.7%)
Other WMD
0 (0%)
Skyeye Laser SRV
0 (0%)
S.A.G. Evil Box
0 (0%)
VSMIT
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

General BlackDragon

well I can't record movies,  :-P

But i'd feel free to give it to someone who could. The weapon creates a tear in space time for a few minutes.

*****General BlackDragon*****

AHadley

Da Bomb (destroys everything on the map instantly) doesn't even come close to how powerful a real nuclear explosion would be, even if it was only a small one.

S.cavA.rmyG.en

Quote from: AHadley on November 29, 2009, 05:27:35 AM
Da Bomb (destroys everything on the map instantly) doesn't even come close to how powerful a real nuclear explosion would be, even if it was only a small one.
why don't you make one I mean something to scale. but I think steevo's done just that and its winning.
I still think that a real nuke dose not compare to what can be made ingames.
Da bomb as a WMD would end all life on earth not something 1 nuke can bost yet.
but its kind of close battel in terms of maga tonage.
│░│
│▒│
│▒│
│▓│
│▓│
│▓│Behold The Power Of Scrap.
If it works in-game, it doesn't matter how wierd and broken it looks code wise!
what is scrap if its not wierd and broken?

TheJamsh

Steeveeo's nuke is the best one. Wish we had the unreleased version though :P

Personally ive never tried to make a nuke... may give it a shot at some point. Trouble is BZ2 doesnt like drawing lots of large sprites... so id probably make a small one.

Oh btw, this thread is forgetting about ZE's mushroom cannon. That had a small nuke effect.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

Quote from: S.cavA.rmyG.en on November 30, 2009, 03:04:46 AM

Maps are of variable sizes generally less than 1km square. A nuclear explosion could obliterate a much larger area. Also, Steeveeo's nukes look nice but are far too small because if they were realistic they'd be way too unbalanced.

Of course, antimatter is more destructive...

Zero Angel

Quote from: General BlackDragon on November 29, 2009, 12:47:14 AM
well I can't record movies,  :-P

But i'd feel free to give it to someone who could. The weapon creates a tear in space time for a few minutes.
In other words it AV's the user...

Quote from: S.cavA.rmyG.en on November 30, 2009, 03:04:46 AM
However if they were in ships they would be safe since only the ships would be destroyed.  :-D

Merged double-posts =] ~AHadley
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

S.cavA.rmyG.en

Quote from: AHadley on November 30, 2009, 11:14:36 AM
Maps are of variable sizes generally less than 1km square. A nuclear explosion could obliterate a much larger area. Also, Steeveeo's nukes look nice but are far too small because if they were realistic they'd be way too unbalanced.

Of course, antimatter is more destructive...
yes antimatter is more powerful but it is only able to be used if you can harnes enoth to do damage.

antimatter the curent problem is the woulds total  amount is enouth to equal 4 oz of C4.
not something that can be used for would obliteration kind of what I would use for the 4th.

if I am not completly wrong I think you get one anti porton form culiding 10 ng of Hyogen.
the reaction is not cost efective becouse of the large amount of engery it takes and the small output. all antimatter particals have to be containd with high magnetic fealds to provent it form making contack with other matter.
│░│
│▒│
│▒│
│▓│
│▓│

AHadley

http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10126.msg155698.html#msg155698

Antimatter occurs naturally. We just have to find it. We have no idea (or any way of knowing) how much or how little there is on the planet.

One annihilation event (particle cancelled by antiparticle) is extremely destructive and releases a large amount of energy.

S.cavA.rmyG.en

:x I was trying to tell you that the curent useable suply to make a weapon is not enoth for a powerful nuke and that due to the nature of antimatter it is vary hard to refine in to a weapon.
yes it occurs naturally even on earth but the fact that it nutralise it's self almost the enstant it is created it kind of makes it hard to find on earth naturally.
what little there is on the planet that can be used is studed around the would about 5 mg of antihyogen protons.
you need about a lb for a nuke and 8 lb to destroy the earth.
now we have enoth for a vary expesive firework not a WMD.
it is far cheaper to make a nuke than a antimatter bomb yes the antimatter is more powerful but the H bomb is cheaper to build.
this may change in the next 180 years it will take to get 8lbs of antimatter but not now.
this is why if you deside to try to end the would you use what is allredy working first.
│░│
│▒│
│▒│
│▓│
│▓│

S.cavA.rmyG.en

SRV ISDF Tactical Nuke  5 (45.5%) I think steeveeo still wins.
2th
DAbomb  2 (18.2%)
3th
S.A.G. Scion Terraformer  1 (9.1%) I still like what this can do to a base.
Other3  1 (9.1%) I got this one alredy.
Obomba  1 (9.1%)  I realy need to make this in to a weapon.
VSMIT  1 (9.1%) lol vsmit got 1 who wants one.
│░│
│▒│
│▒│
│▓│
│▓│

AHadley

I wasn't saying that it would be difficutlt to use as a weapon, I was saying that we have no idea how much there is (or isn't) on the planet. Shouldn't have brought it up...

bb1

Quote from: S.cavA.rmyG.en on November 28, 2009, 04:38:31 PM
The VSMIT.
Stage:1 it sets off a exp that kills the bomber that drops it.
Stage:2 it fires off 3000 cannons shots.
Stage:3 it crachs the game with 5000 spraybombs fired at once each spons a mine feald generater like the Evil Box for a uncountable # of units/partels which crachs the game.
Stage:4 everyone in the MP dies or Lags out when BZ2 fails becouse of VSMIT.

I need to make a video for you unless you did not get it form that.
I can still change it if vsmit wants it to be more powerful but I don't think a game ender can get much more powerful just more fun to wach.

While bb1 is playing merrily...his ATI 5850 is unphased by your petty polygons. 5000 spraybombs vs 1000 shader votrd a second... Loaded into memory ready to go! WAHAHA...

Still a little bit of overmoderation on this board IC...

VSMIT

Oy, I don't moderate willy-nilly.  The only thing I changed in this thread was the poll to get rid of the unnecessary entries that just made it longer.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Clavin12

And added your name to the bottom of the poll?
C l a v i n 1 2

VSMIT

I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.