• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

MAP IDEA: Expressway Tunnels in large maps

Started by Zero Angel, November 29, 2009, 01:16:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero Angel

I recently played a map called MPI: Tangoline and my first thought was OMG this is huge. It would take forever to get anywhere so I thought of an idea.

I think mapmakers should begin implementing expressway tunnels in huge MPI maps.

In fact it would add a new gameplay characteristic to the map. For example, it could be set up so that theres an expressway tunnel right in front of the base, that leads to mid-map -- however the exit of the tunnel is surrounded by lots of defense, so in order to clear the exit, you would have to fight your way up to that point, and clear the defenses -- at which point you would be able to use the expressway to travel freely back and forth between mid-map and base.

QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

TheJamsh

IBM's map right?

I think the only map that used express ways is GH's, but they dont seem to work anymore, or at least not in the way that they used to. BBB made the niceset expressway tunnels in FS2, with the two-way tunnels.

One other thing you might be interested in, Jumppads. I recently made some for a map in the addon pack that im peicing together. Heres a few screenshots of them (model by warfreak, texture shamelessly nicked from google, ODF's and effects by me). Ignore the environment, i just quickly put something together to show it in context.

Reactor Wars makes you a LOT more imaginative when it comes to making your maps, i have loads of ideas written up in a document which ill post to inspire people when the EP is released.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Red Devil

I've added a 1-shot-with-slow-recharge ISDF RamJet and Scion Rush to G66 2.0, which helps you get from one end of the map to the other of a big map pretty fast.
What box???

And, as for most any new idea it'd be best if the AI could actually make use of it...  :)

-Av-

Red Devil

What box???

TheJamsh

They could probably use my jump pads if i ODF tunnelled them, it means making them a bit map-specific though. One of the recent PB's allowed you to use decimal places in ODF tunnels.

AI seem to prefer going through ODF tunnels wherever possible. My scouts like to take the long way around to a place if it means taking an even longer route through a tunneled object than just driving in a straight line... curious :)

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.