• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Flash Cannons

Started by Dx, November 29, 2009, 10:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dx

If the Flash Cannons worked.

Xtreme

Are we talking pre or post 1.4 flash cannons? Hahaha

eddywright

Quote from: Xtreme on November 29, 2009, 11:52:42 AM
Are we talking pre or post 1.4 flash cannons? Hahaha

Flash cannons were a great concept, too bad 1.4 didn't allow them to be real weapons.

Eddy

TheJamsh

I would love to know what all the fuss about flash cannons is? I only have the BZ2 one to think about...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

This is what recycler variants were made for...

wait... nvm.

i vote nurfer flash :)

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Blunt Force Trauma

I would occasionally use 2X 1.4 flash cannons to heat a pot of coffee on Europa.

VSMIT

Quote from: Blunt Force Trauma on November 29, 2009, 07:43:51 PM
I would occasionally use 2X 1.4 flash cannons to heat a pot of coffee on Europa.
Did you have enough ammo to pull that off?
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

eddywright

Actually, they left out one word. It's not Flash cannons, it's Flashlight cannons.

Eddy

Firestorm29

I personally prefer the term "Tickle beam".

The BZ flash cannon though was hit with a giant nerf mallet. It's a steady beam similar to the plasma stream. It used to do a large amount of damage very fast at short range, but at 1.4 it's ammo consumption was increased and damage decreased by alot. It caused the weapon to be really weak in single player and downright useless in multiplayer.

Red Devil

I think maybe due to being able to load a GT with it.  It can be modified so that that can't happen.
What box???

Xtreme

My guess is they made it weaker because people would use dual flash cannons in Strat and it would just level a base way too quickly.

So... stepping back maybe it's best they made it weaker.

eddywright

They missed the mark when that weapon was rebalanced. High damage should mean high ammo usage and low damage should mean low ammo usage. But there's a point where damage is so low it becomes useless and ammo usage is irrelevant . Think of the pilot rifle with unlimited ammo. It's possible to destroy something with it but you'll be found before you get the job done.

Flash cannon damage should be about half way between where it was and where it is now. Then set the ammo usage to be comparable to other weapons like dual mags or dual SPs.

In BZE, I put flash cannons on the GTs and it looks awesome when they fire. They aren't really better than blast though, I lost more bases using flash than blast.

Eddy

Firestorm29

I'd vote for alittle more damage, mainly because the range of the flash cannon is extremely short already and could be easily ranged by other weapons like Blasts and SPs.

Although making the flash cannon work for multiplayer would probably be a higher objective I'd say. :P

I never really ran with dual flash cannons. Never really saw the need for it, pre 1.4.

sabrebattletank

I wonder if/doubt that this sort of re-rebalancing is what Ken's up for in this patch.