• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

For the first time, a story with time travel involved was fantastic.

Started by TheJamsh, November 30, 2009, 05:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

Im talking about the new star trek movie. I have never really watched Trek, was more of a star wars person, but this movie really impressed me.

Discuss... even though i think we may have covered this...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

iron maiden

I have never seen anything related to Star Trek in my life, so i have little to discuss.
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

Nielk1

Being close to a Trekkie myself, I hated it. The whole thing I was sitting there going WTF (and also wondering how the heck all the lens flares got in, like the mysterious blue one in the collapsing ice cave). Only when they BLATANTLY flaunted in front of the audience that 'hey, this is a different time line, things happened differently' did I even have the slightest sigh of relief. But I am NOT happy this Movie.

Nemesis pushed it enough while still making science in the normal science of the things. I really liked the joystick that popped up in Insurrection too. What we needed was some of these newfangled special effects applied to something that didn't attempt to rewrite the entire story mysteriously changing the entire way the space ships are even designed. I mean, look at them, like 90% of the main body of the enterprise is shuttle-bay and engineering. If the darn new Enterprise is longer than the Battlestar Galactica, why the heck does it have to be like a friken' empty warehouse inside?

It was cute in some spots, they fixed a lot of the timeline issues, but MY GOD they better not supplant the normal timeline with this sucktastic one. Defiling the name of James T. Kirk it was.

Primer, now THAT movie has an AWESOME time travel plot I needed a chart at first to understand. (Thank you OvermindDL1.)

Click on the image...

technoid

I was totally amazed at how 'old' Spock's ship resembled a flying eggbeater, though it doesn't compare to the one in  "Hardware Wars" (1977, and CGI version, 1997).   

:mrgreen:

Axeminister

When it comes to fantastic occurrences, lots of battle, humor and action, I liked it. But I remember feeling like Neilk1 after the movie, frowning about writing a whole new timeline for things in the past.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

CivBase

I've never watched anything related to Star Treck other than this movie, but I thought the movie was really, really good.

iron maiden

I was actually viewing a double feature at a drive in movie and Star trek was playing before Angels and Demons, saw the ending, was not that good. Angels and Demons was good though.

VSMIT

You shouldn't base your opinion of a movie off of just the ending, Iron Maiden...
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

iron maiden

I'm just saying that from clips and other Star Trek related things that i have seen, which were good, this did not live up to the name. It was like the 2005 movie of War of the Worlds, not the Tom Cruise one, it was good but not what I ecspected.

Shadow Knight

This movie suffered the same fate as the Golden Compass and Eragon. By itself it's a good movie, if you forget that it's star trek. I really hope they don't make a sequal out of it.

VSMIT

I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Shadow Knight

iron maiden