• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Experimental D3D9 Build (2009-12-05)

Started by Ultraken, December 05, 2009, 03:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheWall

Hello All,

I'd thought the entier BZ World was the BZ-Club forum... ummmm.. I see I was wrong.

I just signed up to this board, trying to get acclimated to everything going on, and fell upon this new thread. Thought I'd try whats available, but I don't think I have the proper install/foundation for the .exe file.

What do I need to do to amuse myself and follow whats going on here?

Time of this report: 12/6/2009, 17:13:39
  Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236)
   Processor: Dual Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 180,  MMX,  3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
   Memory: 3328MB RAM
   DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Kevin - AKA TheWall

Blunt Force Trauma

Well. . while BZ1.4 has FOUR servers, only one server ever has anyone in it and is basically populated by 3 guys making 3 to 5 "fakes" each of various well known BZ players of which left months ago.  The actual real player number ranges from 2-8 at any particular time, but averages around 4.

BZE has 1 to 8 real players, but usually ranges around 2-5 in the evening.

RO never has anyone in the lobby. . . ever.

I'm not sure of the BZ2 numbers, but from what I gather, it's community is in the teens as well.

-report complete-

Players?  Or average age?    :-P :lol: :-P

Wally!  It's getting to be old home week around here!  Someone needs to wake up Mower and FON, and drag FPA out of wherever he retired to...  :)

Hey, post that pic of the homemade NSDF spacesuit you or Scrappy had...  :)

-Av-

OK, I'm getting nostalgic.  True story:

We had an experimental map that allowed Team Strat in the BZ1 engine.  Basically a DM map such that each side had a Walker placed on the map that could 'shoot out' a Recycler via a custom weapon.  The 'Commander' would hop in the Walker and head for the base area, deploy the Recy and start gathering respawning scrap (DM map = respawning scrap, worked the same as pools pretty much)...

Anyway, we're all messing around in there one day and I gave Scrapmaker a skyride, totally forgetting that Scrappy was much more dangerous OUTSIDE a Tank than INSIDE one.  I'm heading back to base, dodging and weaving and he types "What are you doing?".  Now, this is a clever way of getting me to straighten out and type while performing evasive action, but I type reallyreallyfast...   :)

I type "trying", dodge, type "to keep", weave, "from being", dodge, "sniped".

"Lol, it won't <<SPLAT>> help" is what I get back as I respawn.

Hope he liked my tank, I was smoking and out of ammo if I remember right.   :)

Ah, the good old days...

eddywright

Hey Wall, good to see ya!

Below is a video of some weirdness with models and terrain. Play it in full screen mode to see the disconnect up close.

http://www.bz911.com/bzonetest1.wmv

This was recorded with FRAPS at 60FPS, 640x480, Hardware Mode, Vista64.  I had no crashes or errors and I'm not running in compatibility mode. I do have DEP turned off for the entire OS though.

Eddy

eddywright

Quote from: Avatar on December 06, 2009, 04:47:23 PM
Players?  Or average age?    :-P :lol: :-P

Wally!  It's getting to be old home week around here!  Someone needs to wake up Mower and FON, and drag FPA out of wherever he retired to...  :)

Hey, post that pic of the homemade NSDF spacesuit you or Scrappy had...  :)

-Av-

Wall made that when Scrappy visited him years ago. That was too crazy :)

Eddy

Blunt Force Trauma

Looks like the terrain's poly and texture segments are having a hard time deciding to be in front or behind the building structure.   :mrgreen:

Ultraken

Z-buffering?  We've evolved beyond the need for z-buffering!  :D

Commando

Ultraken

Hm.  Well, I have a new build up for everyone to try.