• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Lan Party Games

Started by Power Board, December 08, 2009, 01:42:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Power Board

Hey,

I'm hosting a LAN Party sometime in January, and I was wondering if you guys knew of any fun LAN games (I ♥ the free ones :D).(Yes, BZ is on the list:P)

Thanks

Axeminister

Star Wars: Racer
Outwars
Quake
Forsaken
Unreal Tournament
Soldier of Fortune
There is no knowledge that is not power.

AHadley

To add to Axe's list...

Quake II
BZ1

sabrebattletank

SimAnt
Jezzball
Rodents Revenge
Bloons Tower Defense 4
The Wikipedia Game

I know none of those are "LAN Games" in the traditional sense of "you have to be LAN'd together to play," but they are all quite fun with a bunch of people and computers.

technoid

Add to Axe's list, part Deux:

Half-Life 1
Doom 1 and/or 2
Descent 1
UT3 (specifically)
BZ Flag
Quake 3

Luv the old stuff, been a long time since I played LAN though.  Quake II was my fav fps then, and especially now, on the WODX mod.

Axeminister

oh man, Descent, I loved that game! Good one technoid.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Hookshot

Don't forget Team Fortress 2! (Although not free, you can't afford NOT to have it).

And Tribes, although I havn't actually played it yet it's supposed to be pretty sweet.

I don't know if your an RTS fan but Starcraft is also a must play.

That's all I got off the top of my head. I'll post some more if think of any.
We were promised flying cars in the future... can mine be a scout?

anomaly

Tribes 2 is also free now, which could be great if you have people who have played it before, but I think new comers might find it a bit complicated to just jump in with the others.

Nielk1

Dark Reign was classified abandon-ware I think, though it might have actually been made free now. Look it up and check for the legality.

I own it, WONDERFUL STRAT game, but you need to have IPX protocol like BZ1 for LAN.

Click on the image...

technoid

Quote from: Axeminister on December 08, 2009, 05:15:32 PM
oh man, Descent, I loved that game! Good one technoid.

Yeah we should get together and play over the internet one of these days (over IPX with a special version of D1) , though I haven't played it in awhile.  I also had a demo of D2 but that's it. Didn't even try D3. 

GSH

sabrebattletank