• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Battlezone Modeling

Started by TheWall, December 07, 2009, 07:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blunt Force Trauma

If you had several painted and worked models, I'm thinking you probably could get something similarly "1950's" awesome like the pics Gen. Blackdragon posted, with some tilt-shift photography and a heavy dose of HDR.

bb1

If I had access to one of those 3D printers, life would be good. I'd have fleets of BZ ships all over my house.

If I could buy one pre-painted because I am lazy like that, I'd pay a higher amount than unpainted ;)

Dx

What does it cost to use a 3D printer?

bb1

Quote from: Dx on December 17, 2009, 08:12:04 PM
What does it cost to use a 3D printer?

Not sure on use, but to buy one outright is about 15 grand. AKA a decently nice new car. I'd have to look up using one, not sure if such a business exists.

EDIT: http://www.xardas.com/Home.html may do it.

Clavin12

Look it up on ebay. It's awesome.
C l a v i n 1 2

Blunt Force Trauma

Quote from: bb1 on December 17, 2009, 08:17:32 PM
Not sure on use, but to buy one outright is about 15 grand.

Hey. . .I'll carve ya the grizz out of a 1" x 1" x 2" solid chunk of silver for $15,000.

PM me.   8-)

TheWall

3D printers are awesome, and more so Stereolithography... I dream of having one, just because.

The downside is still they are only good for prototyping, one off's, or EXTREMELY low production pieces where it's not required to be the target material.

To get the right detail in a vacu-forming process, I think a mould/cavity with drill vents is the way to go. I've been thinking that a mould for vacu-forming would had needed to have been made frmo aluminum or such... but now I'm thinking for a low procution run, the "Plasticwood" I have would go a long way.

NOW, if "we" could just come up with a reasonable way to transfer the art to it/them.... I've actually seen where artwork was transfered onto the material BEFORE it was formed, obviously controling the distribution of the artwork with that method would be the most critical part, but not IMPOSSIBLE or within acceptable tolerance(s).

Kevin - AKA TheWall

Clavin12

Quote from: Blunt Force Trauma on December 17, 2009, 08:42:55 PM
Hey. . .I'll carve ya the grizz out of a 1" x 1" x 2" solid chunk of silver for $15,000.

PM me.   8-)

Note: full payment must be made before any services will be provided
C l a v i n 1 2

TheWall

Guys.......

I'm getting some pretty serious splinters of ideas, getting pretty close to going the full-circle on how this may actually be able to happen (based off of the IN GAME model (for now)).

I'm seeing an optional lighting kit, that would include clear thrusters with LED's behind them, etc. ... Which gets me to thinking about the sound modules, of which I know  N O T H I N G. Someone just might want to start thinking about what it would actually take to make sound modules.

Kevin - AKA TheWall

ssuser

Taking a quick look around on the net I see quite a few products, but most seem to be too big for this particular application - I found one that actually lets you record to the chip directly from a PC via media player, but it is almost as big as the whole model. There are some smaller ones, but they are single message only, which would be boring, and you would probably need a chip programmer to set up the voice chip.

BTW Wall, your in-game style model looks pretty good - later maybe you might want to tackle the model on the Strategy Guide cover, and the TRO model.

Blunt Force Trauma

Quote from: TheWall on December 17, 2009, 10:12:41 PM
Which gets me to thinking about the sound modules, of which I know  N O T H I N G. Someone just might want to start thinking about what it would actually take to make sound modules.

If you want to go the cheaper route, I can get you some sound modules that make the sound aflac...ALFLAC....ALAAAAAC!!!   :lol:

TheWall

Could someone PLEASE send me the TEXTURE for the Grizzly??  (PM me please, I'll give you an email addy)

Kevin - AKA TheWall

Ultraken

I don't have the original textures, unfortunately, so all I have are the palettized textures from the game.

General BlackDragon

I have a few textures lying around somewhere

*****General BlackDragon*****

TheWall

IN GAME stuff would be fine... well "OK"  :wink: Obviously the Oh-REE-GIN-AL stuff would be ideal, but.... stuff can be made...

Anyone here perhaps near expert at remaking some HI RES textures from the IN GAME textures?

Kevin - AKA TheWall