• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Some BZ inspired 3D

Started by NoStr0m0, December 09, 2009, 04:27:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoStr0m0

Feel free to comment and cc on any aspect you think can be improved.

I'll post some more things when I have them.
" 'Till the world burned! "

General BlackDragon

nice!

hehe, I like the 2nd one. "rawr"

*****General BlackDragon*****

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

anomaly

Haha, nice.
Make a shot of him trying to munch on a pilot or the side of a power generator.  :lol:
I seem to remember them trying to attack the buildings in my base.

TheJamsh

how many polies are those things?

also, as for improvements, try making the blue areas of the texture scale-like to break it up a bit.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

NoStr0m0

They go around 20k triangles, but the model is adaptive, meaning that at the click of a button it can go from 1139 which is the built count to 100k depending on weather it's a close-up or distance shot, using the built-in algorithms which are a smoothing and an interpolation, all in one. It also triangulates the mesh so there aren't any non-planar polygons, like you see in the first pic. The mesh is closed but since polygons aren't planar, they appear to be half transparent or not appear at all.

No iteration-------------- 1 iteration ----------- 3 iterations
1139 quads -------------- 2260 triangles ---------- 20340 tris and things go way up from there

So, what do you think? Better?

Quote from: anomaly on December 09, 2009, 11:45:58 AM
Haha, nice.
Make a shot of him trying to munch on a pilot or the side of a power generator.  :lol:
I seem to remember them trying to attack the buildings in my base.

I might do something along those lines... I just need a few more props and an environment. Currently working on those.

Quote from: Clavin12 on December 09, 2009, 08:48:20 AM
so what'r they for?

All shall be revealed in time. For now, just for practice.

TheJamsh

much better :) the scales really finish it off now

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

NoStr0m0

I did some more work on the rhino, I like how it turned out now. And you were right, the scales help bring him to life more.

Also started on the ISDF Bomber. Modeling is mostly done, not going to do the insides. And I know an engine is out. Rendering setup error. Too late in the night to fix now.

Tell me what you think.

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

S.cavA.rmyG.en

│░│
│▒│
│▒│
│▓│
│▓│
│▓│Behold The Power Of Scrap.
If it works in-game, it doesn't matter how wierd and broken it looks code wise!
what is scrap if its not wierd and broken?

Red Devil

There certainly are some pretty talented people around here....
What box???