• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Strat Vs. Dogfight

Started by Clavin12, December 09, 2009, 06:15:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is better?

Strategy as in build a base and attack the enemy
Strategy as in going on secret missions
Dogfight as in big battles
Dogfight as in one on one

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

Shadow Knight

You're kidding, right? No "Strategy as in make and defend your base then bulldoze the other team's  base"?

Clavin12

That's essentially what strategy in a birds eye view is.
C l a v i n 1 2

Zero Angel

I definitely preferred the secret missions when I first started playing BZ2. Now I love the chaos of a 4v4 human v human strat. Theres so much going on at once that its a real adrenaline rush, like I might see an allies icon flash meaning their under attack and move to defend them, or I might suddenly see 3 red dots on my radar when i'm hitting a pool and seconds later be running for my life, or some guy might be hovering our base, and I can go up in the air after him (failing would waste time, succeeding would lower enemy team morale and prevent damage to my base -- vet coms HATE when someone hits base and dies, without doing a lot of damage) or keep up offensive pressure. Strat isnt so mindless once you've learned how to know what's going on anywhere in the battlefield (through radar, paints, teamchat, and good old fashioned base scouting), you can do whatever you like -- you can stay on the outside, waiting for your 'prey' to make his move, then POUNCE!, lock him into a battle and maneuver in such a way that he will not escape alive.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression