• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Restarting

Started by AHadley, December 10, 2009, 12:31:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Restart the CP?

Yes
15 (93.8%)
No
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Clavin12

As I suggested earlier can the people who have held onto the project when others left submit new stories? I think we'd get better stories that way.
C l a v i n 1 2

Nielk1

Quote from: Clavin12 on December 11, 2009, 10:41:08 AM
As I suggested earlier can the people who have held onto the project when others left submit new stories? I think we'd get better stories that way.

Except good people left.

Hell I left.

The people who didn't leave kept driving the thing into oblivion.

Click on the image...

Clavin12

I can write a good story. I'll take it from a completely different standpoint than my last attempts and if you don't like I'll stop bugging you. At least you'd have sum1 working on it.
C l a v i n 1 2

sabrebattletank

I' d say go for it. If it doesn't cut it, then it doesn't cut it, but we won't know that until after it's written.

Mr X

Quote from: Clavin12 on December 11, 2009, 10:58:45 AM
I can write a good story. I'll take it from a completely different standpoint than my last attempts and if you don't like I'll stop bugging you. At least you'd have sum1 working on it.

You know, I get the impression form that last line that you think next to no work went into the previous story. And I don't take kindly to it.

If time travel is now out, would you guys mind letting me have a go at re-writing the story to make it more suitable before we go completely back to square one?
Quote from: Nielk1 on December 10, 2009, 06:02:31 PM
Well we had this that can be finalized in about 1 hour, but the constant story changes made it useless.

We can't make a race with the story unstable, or I would have already. I specifically LOVE making races.

Since when is that useless?
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

Clavin12

It's not. Of course we'll keep all the stuff we made in case it comes in handy. I don't think that little to no work went into it Mr. X but I do think I could do a pretty good job. But, instead I'll support you. I vote for Mr. X to rewrite the story.
C l a v i n 1 2

Mr X

The first thing I'd do would be to get rid of the time travel (and the causality loop that results in the end, that had been a compromise for the people who liked scrappool's "full circle" story), I'd also change it so that some of the humans and scions survive, as the ending seemed particularly unpopular.

In the meantime, as has already been mentioned, modellers can start to work on ships for a third Cthonian daction, as it seems more than likely that they will feature in the project at this point in time.

But, if anyone has any specific things about the previous storyline that they particulary liked/disliked can they please say so now so I'm not endlessly altering it.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

iron maiden

SoI we are going with my idea of kind of "gutting" the story then?
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

Zero Angel

That's for the current story guys to decide, I imagine. I would like to see the current selected story worked from the ground up, taking the suggestions from the earlier CP and letting the story guys choose to discard, adopt, or seek additional feedback on the specifics.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Nielk1

I'd like to be much more involved in the story. If anyone needs proof of my skills in such an environment PM me and I will dump a massive pile of "story" on you. Though it is for an unreleased mod that takes place alternate to the FE timeline.

Click on the image...

Zero Angel

NK1, i've seen your previous work and its impressive. It would be good for you to join the CP as a contributor on story related matters. I personally have not a lot of vested interest in anyone's particular story. I just want to see it done fairly and through consensus from the story guys AND the modders (who will ultimately have to implement the story)
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel

iron maiden

Mmh, I have a strange idea. What about if those that want to each write their own version of the story keeping the main ideas and we have a vote on the best one?

Zero Angel

A revote huh? It works in a way, but since we have already voted, we should just go with that -- just for the sake of expedience, and without invalidating the voting that we already did before. It would be up to the asset guys, really.
{bac}Zero Angel

iron maiden

Perhaps, but so was the original storyline submission time, though i guess thats a bad example.

mrtwosheds

How about not worrying to much about the story for now, because when it comes down to it, it will be told in missions Make the content then make some missions, once you have those you can make  cutscenes, voiceovers, videos and text to tell a story that fits with the (good) missions you actually have.
The Horse goes in front of the cart.