• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Restarting

Started by AHadley, December 10, 2009, 12:31:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Restart the CP?

Yes
15 (93.8%)
No
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Clavin12

is a show and tell thread in order?
C l a v i n 1 2

Nielk1

Quote from: Clavin12 on December 10, 2009, 02:46:41 PM
is a show and tell thread in order?

No, a big single thread is just a childish endeavor. A simple thread for a specific person to request to join the group and show their work should be fine.

The issue is we don't need dead weight modders. By that I mean modders that can only do a fraction of a section of modding. For example, cut and paste modelers, weapon smiths who can't balance, etc.

Click on the image...

iron maiden

So, to get things clear here,

Are we re-submitting stories, are sticking with the old one?

Are we keeping everything or doing a massive re-vamp of what we have?

Is there a threat of suspension or cacelation?
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

Warfreak

Most likely going to use the general gist of the story we have now, making changes as needed.

WE have NOTHING yet but 20+ threads of words arranged in phrases, no maps, no FINALIZED models and no damn idea what is going on.

Yep.

Basically, this needs to be re-railed before it falls in a ditch and dies.

General BlackDragon

Lets all concentrate on making one of the races.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Nielk1

Quote from: Warfreak on December 10, 2009, 05:54:18 PM
WE have NOTHING yet but 20+ threads of words arranged in phrases, no maps, no FINALIZED models and no damn idea what is going on.

Well we had this that can be finalized in about 1 hour, but the constant story changes made it useless.

We can't make a race with the story unstable, or I would have already. I specifically LOVE making races.

Click on the image...

VSMIT

I believe that we have determined that a third Cthonian faction is wanted.  Let's work from that and build it.  We just need to figure out what should be done to set it apart from the current races.  That doesn't necessarily need input from the community (The only one who should have more weight than any other person would be Avatar).
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Axeminister

I won't put my vote since I can't contribute ( except for a good wild idea here and there). But please don't give up. As players, Windy and I are depending on you guys.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

iron maiden

my recomondation, I say we "gut" the current story. Keep the main points that we really like but completly re-do the other little details. I believe that one of the reasons for the project taking so long is that once we finally established story writers, the story they came out with got bogged down with criticism, the last part in particular. Per5haps if different people write a similar but different story, we could have a different outcome.

Opinions?
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

Shadow Knight

Quote from: Axeminister on December 10, 2009, 07:01:05 PM
I won't put my vote since I can't contribute ( except for a good wild idea here and there). But please don't give up. As players, Windy and I are depending on you guys.
We're not giving up, just starting again so that players are able to enjoy a better mod.

Clavin12

It didn't really get bogged down with criticism until the last section. Also, I agree that we should have more ppl on the irc.
C l a v i n 1 2

TheJamsh

TBH i couldn't care less about the CP, but from the outside starting something from scratch isn't overly easy. This CP idea has been tossed around for months now and with the exception of one or two models being put forward that are actually useable there is nothing.

Keep time travel out of it as well. That kind of thing doesn't belong in BZ2 as far as im concerned. Just take something already in progress and work as a community to make that.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

Time travel is great but it requires finesse. Fines that is lacking.

Click on the image...

Clavin12

Well then lets not try it.
C l a v i n 1 2

Nielk1

I think we should strive for success in our ideas, but not be trapped by them.

Click on the image...