• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Borderlands

Started by Red Devil, December 10, 2009, 12:37:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil

It's a very well done game.  Wide array of shelter-seeking AI, good storyline, never-ending variety of guns and abilities, great array of missions, characters, voiceovers, and large maps, plus really good physics.
What box???

Ainkut

cool

is it more action-packed than Fallout 3? im looking to get an "fps/rpg" sorta hybrid. Deus Ex is ok, but kinda buggy. fallout 3 won't even run on my pc but, i'm looking for something XD

ScarleTomato

its good. I'm an avid player of fallout 3 and i'd say borderlands is dangerously addictive. It's like fallout with cars and multi player co-op.

Hookshot

Borderlands Is one hell of a game. I still have yet to finish my first play-through yet. But that's because my laptop is still in repair (fingers crossed that they'll send it back to me before the end of next week).

I'm doing a Mordecai run right now and then I'll do a Roland run.

The DLC also looks really good. They just announced the second one today! To bad the PC gaming master race has to wait for them as apposed to the console peasants.

A little disappointed that these DLC updates weren't included in the first place, but gaming companies are bank rolling on them.
We were promised flying cars in the future... can mine be a scout?

Zero Angel

Quote from: Ainkut on December 10, 2009, 06:44:52 AM
cool

is it more action-packed than Fallout 3? im looking to get an "fps/rpg" sorta hybrid. Deus Ex is ok, but kinda buggy. fallout 3 won't even run on my pc but, i'm looking for something XD
Keep with Deus Ex, it gets really good later on. I particularly like exploring the Wan Chai district in Hong Kong, and the streets of Paris at night, and the Chatau Duclare. Theres a whole conspiratorial/romantic vibe to the game that is awesome -- and for the ending you get to choose how you'll change the world.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Red Devil

I like how the gun power lags behind the enemies' health, but catches up as you move through it and pick up new guns.

If you see the Volcano Sniper rifle, get it.  Same with the red Cobra rifle.

I found that just running instead of fighting is a better course of action.  Also, don't fight when you can squish.

It uses just under 1.5 gig of RAM.
What box???

Commando

If you get it, get it on steam so you don't have to deal with securom.  Unfortunately Gearbox decided to abandon that policy with it's DLC that came out on Wednesday.  Even steam users are limited to five installs of the DLC.  It having Securom is the reason I haven't purchased the DLC, not sure if I ever will.