• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Experimental D3D9 Build (2009-12-10)

Started by Ultraken, December 10, 2009, 02:54:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bb1

That's the error code mine throws at startup as well.

Ultraken

Several people on the battlezone1.freeforums.com get it too.  It's the biggest issue right now.

bb1

My retail version came with no splash folder. It also came preloaded with 1.4, so I guess I can't really complain..

Edit: Your dload says I'm not allowed to be here.

Ultraken

Hm.  I put it on Betadudes, but you can also get it from my local network here

bb1

Still getting

Unhandled exception at 0x00d3d238 in bzone.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation.

How do I get to what commando was showing?

Commando

I used two different programs.

1.  Dependency Walker which GSH informed me about and suggested that I try
2.  VIsual C++ 2008 Express, from Microsoft, which Ken suggested

Dependency Walker showed to two problematic files, VS C++ indicated where the 0000005 error occured.

Hopefully this will mean we will be able to play bz1 soon.

bb1

Good call.

Error: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in an implicitly dependent module.
Error: Modules with different CPU types were found.
Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.

IESHIMS.DLL Error Opening File. The system cannot find the file specified (2).

FWIW

Ultraken

Red Devil

Do those having the problem have multiple cores?
What box???

sabrebattletank

Intel Core 2 Duo processor P8700 (2.53GHz 1066MHz 3MBL2)
Genuine Windows Vista Business 7 Professional 64
ATI Mobility Radeon 3470 with 256MB
4 GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM 1067MHz SODIMM Memory (2 DIMM)
UltraNav (TrackPoint and TouchPad) with Fingerprint Reader

Ultraken

Looking into it further, there's a little hourglass next to the icon indicating that the DLL is a delayed load.  The 64-bit version of Dependency Walker gave me errors, but the 32-bit version just posted a warning.

It turns out that BZ does use SYSTEM32.DLL to send email in the network shell, so I wasn't able to get rid of it.  I did, however, remove some genuinely unused default dependencies.

I also turned off base address randomization so I'll be able to look up crash addresses in the map file when I try it at work tomorrow.

Commando

Cool, hopefully it will be usable to us Win 7 64bit users soon.

I have VS C++ 2008 Express installed if that would be helpful in debugging some issues tonight.

sabrebattletank

Quote from: Commando on December 10, 2009, 09:45:25 PM
Cool, hopefully it will be usable to us Win 7 64bit users soon.

I have VS C++ 2008 Express installed if that would be helpful in debugging some issues tonight.

Word. As would I. I mean hell, it's got a name as scary as "Microsoft Visual Suite C++ 2008 Express Edition," might as well use it.

Commando

Sadly it's something I downloaded only to get an error code from bz1.  I doubt I will use it beyond that.  If I was a programmer, especially a bz2 mission programmer, it would be very useful.

Commando

Ken a few changes that may be good

1.  Change bz1 so it saves user preferences and saves in the My Docs\My Games folder like bz2 does.  GSH made this change to bz2 to make it compatible with Vista.

2.  If possible, increase the number of saves.  Currently you are limited to 10, if my memory is correct.