• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Scion's advanced in IA?(ifk what i'm doing wrong)

Started by Ainkut, December 10, 2009, 06:42:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ainkut

Howdy.
Got the most recent release patched here...whenever doing IA, scion is my enemy; when I start, I ran immediately over to their base to see if i was hallucinating or being slow.

they have 3 turret towers up and at least another guardian, without a single scav made OR the Matriarch deployed! WTF?! is this some setting i'm unaware of..? i need to remove this; it's always parked near the middle of the map and on some, it's dangerous to my recycler..

woops.

hybirdisdf

Quote from: Ainkut on December 10, 2009, 06:42:38 AM
Howdy.
Got the most recent release patched here...whenever doing IA, scion is my enemy; when I start, I ran immediately over to their base to see if i was hallucinating or being slow.

they have 3 turret towers up and at least another guardian, without a single scav made OR the Matriarch deployed! WTF?! is this some setting i'm unaware of..? i need to remove this; it's always parked near the middle of the map and on some, it's dangerous to my recycler..

woops.

You can remove objects from editor interface.Open up bzedit and run it.

Axeminister

IA has some defenses up to begin with on some of the newer maps. I couldn't find any just now that would endanger you recycler at start up though. What map are you talking about?
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Nielk1

They are not where you base goes, but sometimes JUST outside your base. It makes it harder.

Click on the image...

Mr X

I think that the reason they are there is because otherwise it would be too easy to rush the computer team's base early on.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

Ainkut

It was on the one Bane map, it has the two corner passages, a pool in the middle with 4 hills at the corners. One glitched on top of a hill and was attacking me and my units near the base. I was done for.

But eh, I was hoping for a non-editor option. Still that's cool, thanks.

mrtwosheds

In mpi, the Map units sometimes change depending on the difficulty level setting, easy-guardians hard -spires. don't know about IA as I never play it.

Red Devil

Yup, that's what the difficulty setting does in IA.
What box???

Axeminister

Sub Zero is a Bane map, and I just tried it and there is no enemy Spire in your base area. Again, what map is it. What patch are you using? Are you playing the new G66? G66 is a mpi game, not Instant Action and in the new G66 Iceberg map there is a enemy spire that destroys your base before you can do anything, that has been reported to Red Devil. Is that what you're talking about?
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Mr X

Actually, in a similar vein it doesn't seem right to me that scions have spires and such and yet on hard against the ISDF its still just turrets.
starting January 2010!

Red Spot

Just start with a few scavs and use them as decoy while you take out the lung ... problem solved .. ;)
Perhaps start in or with a tank to aid you in taking down the lung a bit faster.
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

Mr X

You don't need decoys, if you just cruise straight to the lung you can hide underneath it to give you cover, the spire wont be able to get you.

You destroy the lung, then the spire.
starting January 2010!

Red Devil

What box???

Red Spot

I've seen many try that .... and only a very few succeed .... ;)
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

sabrebattletank