• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Some of the Beeb's stuff

Started by bb1, December 10, 2009, 08:32:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bb1

I'm not sure if I can drum up enough time to devote to this, but I do have some assets not related to bz2 to show off whatever modelling I do. It is mostly simple items and I tend to keep towards deep space ships along with land based buildings. Skinning and standard anims are easy, making the texture requires art, which I have little :P

Not really appealing up close in full detail, but this was meant to go in a small panel.

Small battle. Texture is bland due to light placement...and, well, it's a stock :P (Background wasn't so blindingly bright on my old monitor....)

IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZOR

This whole thing is part of a small animation movie I made. The explosion goes everywhere, really cool stuff. Ok, so a lot of this is video post, but you said concept too. I want a laser destroying something important to the player! COD4 nuked the player, and the shock was insane. Don't have to clone it, just saying shock events are amazing. If you don't think this is the sweet, you are insane.

Gun tower originally designed for Hidden Enemy mod. I fell off the face of the earth and never finished it, but it does need work. Was in the game, complete with a small deploy animation, but never could get to fire right. Remember this guy Avatar?

You've all seen this. I've progressed much farther than this low-poly style since then. Poor angle of shot, also asset files are long gone so I can't edit it anymore. MSH is still around.

Not BZ2 but it says concepts wanted. Doubled tanked air pressurized Stuff Launcher "Douchenator" Coming this spring. Don't ask.

That's it for now. The rest of the things I have lying around are from long ago, so they are not up to snuff to be seen by the public eye anymore, or have been lost in my HDD crash a long while back. Even these need refining, but I never found the time to give everything the detail it deserved.

Oh Yeah, one last thing. Just what is this green planet they're landing on? I'll let you story-folks figure that out ;)

Shadow Knight

That's some great gimp-work there! I've never managed to make good laser effects like in the third picture. Your backgrounds are also more detailed than mine.

On the other hand, I'm pretty good at textures. Perhaps we could come to some arrangement  :evil:

bb1

That "LAZOR" Of which you speak is video post ;) Gimp had no chance. The only thing gimped are some flares, BG stars and the planet in last image. All else is vid post.

iron maiden

From what I can justifiably say, those are some of the best models i have seen on the project so far, keep up the good work bb1.
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

General BlackDragon

Nice.

Hey what was that big building thing? Can I have a copy?

*****General BlackDragon*****

bb1

iron maiden

So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

bb1

Hmm, I used to have an NSDF floating air guntower thing, must have been on the seagate..rest it's soul. Can't find any pictures either.

Think of a floating, 4 pointed platform with a gun hanging off the bottom. Fully functional in BZ1.

General BlackDragon

Easy :P

Think of a giant floating nuclear gumball machine  :wink:

*****General BlackDragon*****

bb1

Quote from: General BlackDragon on December 11, 2009, 06:21:22 PM
Easy :P

Think of a giant floating nuclear gumball machine  :wink:

*** processing
*** action failed

If you want the factory, I got the MSH and the ODF. How should I go about putting it up somewhere?

bb1

How easily can units be placed on a double-decker dropship at the start of a map? Just askin.

Warfreak

Assuming you have the collision correct and you pre-place the units at the correct elevations, pretty easy. (This puts the units in the right spots and HOPEFULLY will keep them from falling through the object on start and they will land inplace on the dropship.)

bb1

How about through DLL...does DLL know elevation of unit spawning?

Warfreak

Nielk1

The DLL knows the 3D vector location, and even the matrix that includes all rotations.

Click on the image...