• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Experimental D3D9 Build (2009-12-11)

Started by Ultraken, December 11, 2009, 04:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ultraken

Quote from: Dx on December 11, 2009, 01:19:09 PM
Here is the vs2008 updated dlls
VS2008 dlls
Nice.  I'll try building them on my own as well since it's a good thing to have handy.

QuoteWhenever players ban each other. :D
Ah, that never happens.   :-D

Commando

Thanks, that ANET update got it to launch for me.

Red Devil

I just went through the Soviet campaign [edit: using XP Pro] and it completed okay.
What box???

Commando

Everything so far seemed to work.  I'm only noticing a few annoyances.

1.  LargeAssets doesn't seem to function.  Enabling it results in untextured items
2.  Lack of support for wide screen.  Being able to manually specify the res in the render.cfg would be good enough if it meant I could pick  1920x1080.
3.  Mouse sensitivity seems to be low, but that's most likely something on my end.

Ultraken

1. Hmm.  How big is your bzhw16l.zfs?
2. I plan to redo the resolution mechanism for hardware, though I'm not sure how I'm going to do it yet.  :)
3. Strange.  It's been fine for me since I straightened out the mouse input code.

Commando

It's been years since I have played bz1 so my memory of how fast the Razor turns could be off.

Commando

If I were to install TRO, would it benefit from the engine update?

Ultraken

I recall it being pretty snappy, though less so at full throttle.

TRO incorporates significant shell and game logic changes so it won't work with this update.  I'd need the source code to do anything about that.

Commando

That stinks,  I'm assuming you won't be able to easily acquire that.

Ultraken

Someone somewhere has it, so it's not impossible.   :-D

Commando

One bug that always bugged me in bz1.  If you have the targetting window up, all engine flames fail to render.  I'll post the size of my file in one sec.  Looking that up now.

Commando

Size: 3.54 KB (3,632 bytes)
Size on Disk: 4.00 KB (4,096 bytes)

Ultraken

That means you don't have the large assets pack installed.  It should be 3.4MB (3,570,683 bytes).

bb1

Yes. All bz1 ships are slower than you think they should be. Your mouse is fine.

Not much worth mentioning, but I was flying around Armageddon and throwing thumpers around FTHOI. As it hit a repair or ammo or any powerup, the "base under attack" beeping went off.

Ha- might be anet code causing that though.

sabrebattletank

Got a crash mid-end NSDF 4. Lemme see if I can get an error code somehow.