• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Experimental D3D9 Build (2009-12-11)

Started by Ultraken, December 11, 2009, 04:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commando

Is that something specified in the .ter file or .bzn file I'm assuming.  I'm guessing it is adjustable based on the, by default comment.

Ultraken

It was adjustable in BZ2, but hard-wired in BZ1.

Commando

Would it be possible to update bz1 so it doesn't have to be run "As an administrator"?  I think this would make it compatible with Steam and at the same time will make launching and restoring less annoying.  If I alt-tab it, I have to right click on it's tab on the task bar and run it as an administrator just to play it again.  I think GSH made bz2 compatible with Vista by having it write it's documents, savegames, preferences, etc to the My Documents\My Games folder.

Red Devil

Adjusting mouse sensitivity under Options\Play helps with the turning.
What box???

Ultraken

Switching the file paths is on the list of things to do.  :)

VSMIT

Quote from: Red Devil on December 11, 2009, 10:45:13 PM
Adjusting mouse sensitivity under Options\Play helps with the turning.
Didn't do much for me... :-(
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Red Devil

Speaking of files, it doesn't appear to be saving mission archives from one startup of bzone to the next.
What box???

sabrebattletank

Nor GFX settings if I'm remembering correctly.

Commando

Yeah, that was one of my gripes regarding bz1.  There is no profile so if you don't make an in-game savegame, the next time you open bz1, you lose all of your progress.  Luckily bz2 didn't suffer from this too.

Red Devil

Just remembered: if you type iamadirtycheater when looking at the mission briefing screen, it'll display all the missions, which you can ten select.
What box???

sabrebattletank

Josiah

First of all, two problems:

-on both combat and world radar, everything except team 1 vehicles/buildings are black, hull/ammo meters for units are also black, like when there is a team 3 or greater in the editor. may be due to la, as it causes problems, as noted by commando, have to check.

-the only audio that plays is the music.

Second, fix requested:

-when there are about 20-30 'dayquake' explosions at once, the ground shockwaves resulting get all mixed up with each other, resulting in a very high hill that is constantly shaking and once in awhile sending out ground shockwaves...very annoying.

try making a custom mine that uses the dayquake as the explosion, with a rapid fire rate, set a whole lot in one place(20-30), and place an enemy on it. MAKE SURE YOU BZBODY CHEAT IS ON!! after you are blown rapidly across the map a few times, check out the big hill wherever you placed the mines. OR you could just edit 'dayquake.odf', and just place 1 mine.

bb1

Sandmod map had a thumper that did that. HOld down and watch the hell and the crash.

Commando

Bz1 just crashed on me.  Due to it providing no log files, I was unable to get any useful info out of it.  I tried bring up Visual Studio 2008, but bz1 refused to minimize allowing me to see the VS 2008 interface so I was unable to attach bzone as a process to get some info.

Ultraken

Full-screen is very "grabby" right now, so I recommend running BZ in windowed mode.
(Just create a shortcut to bzone.exe and add /win to the command line)