• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Feature you Probably Don't Know About - Cloak Morph

Started by Warfreak, December 11, 2009, 09:09:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warfreak

For all you who DO NOT know this, since PB3 (?) the ability to allow the morph command to toggle visual cloak and radar dampening has been added. (Otherwise know as Chinese Red Army Cloaking)

By slapping the following line under the [Morphtank Class] heading a ship will cloak when morphed. There is also a toggle put under the [Deployable Class] header for whether or not to allow weapons to be active while cloaked.

[MorphTankClass]
HiddenWhenMorphed = true // if true, Vir+Red turned on when morphed
CanScoutObjectifyWhenHidden = false // if true, Scout AI Class can target ship even when cloaked

[DeployableClass]
canAttackWhenDeployed = false // if false, weapons inoperative when deployed

[edit] I Plan to update this thread with more info on other ODF lines people may not know about. [/edit]

-ComputerMaster1st-

that can work on any vehicle?

im just about to do a little test on a modified sabre aka "-=Moderator=-"

{W7U}-... = What O/S Im running     -ComputerMaster1st- = Trustworthy

...-W7E = Win 7 Expert                {W7U}-ComputerMaster1st-W7E

TheJamsh

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

General BlackDragon

You could just tell people to scan the changelogs for the words "added"

*****General BlackDragon*****

Zero Angel

That's neat.

There was another, similar command I discovered a long time ago that completely radar cloaks hover units if they are moving below a certain velocity. It made the idea of setting up ambushes a lot more practical. I would look for it if anyone was interested.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

bb1

Zero Angel

Found it! It was in the bzone.map file from one of the earlier public betas.

Quote0003:0000a2e0       ??_C@_09HAHK@velocHide?$AA@ 006892e0     MorphTank.obj

In other words the variable is "velocHide = ##" and it goes under [MorphTankClass].

In fact there are quite a few variables that are unused in ODF files, or are simply absent, but implied. Using text editors to view the bzone.map files are useful for digging them out, as was looking for text strings in bzone.exe itself. Shame that the the new PBs no longer use map files.
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel

GSH

Well, 'velocHide' doesn't exist in the BZ2 source code at all right now. It might have at one point, but it was unused. I don't delete things for the heck of it.

-- GSH

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

GSH

It might be a BZ1-ism, or something else. Not sure. Searching the entire BZ2 codebase (not just morphTankClass), there's no mention of 'velocHide' or 'velocJam'.

-- GSH

Commando

I think it is a bz1 thing.

Bz1 allowed you to press Q to go slow and W for full speed.  I think the velocJam mad pressing Q more useful.

Commando

Most, if not all, settings added in pb4a and before are mentioned in the ModLog I made a while back.

bb1

velocJam did nothing in BZ1, same as bz2...leftovers. Supposed to take you off radar if you are going a certain speed. Be neat if it worked, but it doesn't so oh well. Stealth tank would be more useful then, hit slow key and drive in stealth.

Zero Angel

Quote from: bb1 on December 12, 2009, 11:14:03 AM
velocJam did nothing in BZ1, same as bz2...leftovers. Supposed to take you off radar if you are going a certain speed. Be neat if it worked, but it doesn't so oh well. Stealth tank would be more useful then, hit slow key and drive in stealth.

Nothing is more annoying than someone who thinks he knows what he's talking about, but he's just talking out his anus. velocHide DID work in BZ2 (at least in PB2), because I personally tested it out (if it didnt work then I wouldntve posted it) -- however is no longer part of the code.
{bac}Zero Angel

GSH

I've dug thru code, at least back to 1.2. No such thing ever seems to have existed. And, BZ2 should have shipped with .sym files, not .map, as the (old) callstack dumps read in .sym files.

-- GSH