• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Keep an eye out guys

Started by Mr X, December 12, 2009, 11:59:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr X

I don't remember their screen names, but there are a few people online now that will join a game and lag the hell out of it by heavily spamming the chat box. One of them is calle Bz2pwn00 and he just joined a game before it had launched and said "*beep* *beep* *beep*" like a zillion times.

I think a couple of them talked about 1.2 being better and reffered to themselves as "vets" so its possibly a couple of 1.2 players trying to ruin 1.3 games. Not trying to start a flame war here just reporting it as it appears to be. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same person under different aliases.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

TheJamsh

yeh hes been around before. Attempted to distribute the worst attempt ive ever seen at a virus saying it was a msh to xsi converter. Sparked a lot of controversy, but in the end he was a bit of a fail really...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

VSMIT

Also known as Veary.  He's been recently banned from the IRC channel.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Warfreak

On another note, most likely aren't vets but are trying to spark some more flames in the feeble 1.2 vs 1.3 deal.

bb1

I could use a msh to XSI converter :P

I tried testing one with OM, the file I got back had 3 tiny scalene triangle pyramids in it :(

VSMIT

OM's finalized (I think) his reverter.  You just have to provide proof of ownership or proof of consent from the original creator.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Zero Angel

I've noticed some players with bad attitudes (killing empties, etc) when I was playing 1.3 today, they were fairly skilled players and were using cloaks. Immediately after the game I hosted a game and did an ipban on the offending parties (which I will likely remove after awhile). Anyways it's more of problem in 1.3 and countering laming is of the reasons why 1.2 strats use the 'known nicks only' rule. Regardless, I dont think you should blame the '1.2 community' for the actions of these players. 1.2 players come in a wide variety of attitudes -- and for troublemakers, 1.3 is the perfect place to stir up trouble because theres such a variety of new players that it's virtually impossible to host using the 'known nicks' policy.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

bb1

If a team's empties are being killed, then that team hasn't been playing very well offensively earlier in the game, huh? I've been on both sides of that issue and it can be fun/annoying as hell. But just as anything goes...if it blinks red on the radar then it explodes.

TwinShadow

Does anyone know if Bz2pwn00 has a dynamic IP or static? If static, I'd like to grab it and make a ban on it myself.

He has spout random stuff in the IRC channel, so GSH already made the ban on him not very long ago. I wonder if he was the one impersonating Nielk1... Someone came onto the IRC saying that a person named Nielk1 was causing a ruckus in 1.2 games.

Nielk1

Quote from: TwinShadow on December 13, 2009, 01:22:02 AM
Does anyone know if Bz2pwn00 has a dynamic IP or static? If static, I'd like to grab it and make a ban on it myself.

He has spout random stuff in the IRC channel, so GSH already made the ban on him not very long ago. I wonder if he was the one impersonating Nielk1... Someone came onto the IRC saying that a person named Nielk1 was causing a ruckus in 1.2 games.

That indeed was not me. I have not even run 1.2 in months.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

VSMIT was being impersonated, but i don't think we found out the true culprit.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

squirrelof09

fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

Axeminister

There is no knowledge that is not power.

Warfreak

Which reminds me, the localprefs.ini has the ability to tell the game to ban DYNAMIC IP correct?

mrtwosheds

I have also been "imposterised" recently  :-D and have had the Idiot spamming with *beep* *beep* *beep* in my game, Can't remember what nick he used, seemed to play most of the game ok though and just spammed the end. Shame really, I don't have to use the kick nearly as much in 1.3 as I did in 1.2.
Nothing wrong with killing empty's! Its better to have 5 scrap to pick up than supply the enemy with a free scout.