• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Keep an eye out guys

Started by Mr X, December 12, 2009, 11:59:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirrelof09

Do note, if I join the game as .:.FTD.:.squirrel-Ge  THAT is NOT me. I have modified a file to allow for 28 characters for my login display name to fit. The real squirrel joins as .:.FTD.:.squirrel-Gen.

My IP is 97.67.108.126 (static). If that does not match my IP /ban the imposter!
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

Warfreak

My IP is dynamic, which can and will cause problems... I usually have an IRC client running when I play though, so if anyone ever tries to pull that crap, just ask the person a question regarding IRC conversation. :P (I play windowed aswell, so it wouldnt be hard for ME to answer.)

Fulmen

Quote from: Zero Angel on December 12, 2009, 11:32:00 PM
I've noticed some players with bad attitudes (killing empties, etc) when I was playing 1.3 today, they were fairly skilled players and were using cloaks. Immediately after the game I hosted a game and did an ipban on the offending parties (which I will likely remove after awhile).

Actually from my part the perceived "bad attitude" wasn't intentional, and your ban came as a complete surprise. Anyhow, you had no chances of winning at that point (we were in blast tanks and you were in empties with only 1-2 pools at best) so what does it really matter?

Zero Angel

Regardless of what stage of the game it is or how badly the other team is losing, it still sucks for them to not be able to fight back. And it was moreso your teammates who were acting like major ***holes. Even if its mini vs blast, its still sporting behavior to allow them the mercy of letting them get in their ships.

Quote from: mrtwosheds on December 13, 2009, 09:52:22 AM
I have also been "imposterised" recently  :-D and have had the Idiot spamming with *beep* *beep* *beep* in my game, Can't remember what nick he used, seemed to play most of the game ok though and just spammed the end. Shame really, I don't have to use the kick nearly as much in 1.3 as I did in 1.2.
Nothing wrong with killing empty's! Its better to have 5 scrap to pick up than supply the enemy with a free scout.

What I mean is spawn killing pilots and destroying empty scouts by camping on their rec pad.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Red Devil

Doing that is the gaming version of masturbation/tea bagging.  Some kids just get their jollies seeing the other players helpless.  It's what separates mature sportsmen from the rest.
What box???

squirrelof09

you think, if bz2pwn00, veary, whatever the name. Think gamespy will ban him? He's got tons of servers up right now with bad language in them
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

mrtwosheds

Oh. I HATE campers!
Someone with the nick Bz2pwn00
Joined a game I was in tonight, no spamming, asked me "why are the people at bzU such retards" and denied being the spammer, then he left.
Seems an odd response from someone who is trying to defend their reputation. I have seen that nick b4 back in 1.2, not sure who it was.
But someone is Impostering! That person is an @$$H0|e. We know it and so does he. Not much else to be done about it really, but we can now be very glad that idiots like this can no longer ruin our games like they can in 1.2.

Mr X

Would it be possible, for the next patch, to automatically kickban somebody from a game if they spam the chatbox using a peice of programming that types 10,000 times faster than the human hand?
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

mrtwosheds

That sounds like trouble, a better approach would be to limit the rate at which chat can be entered/passed over network, then the idiots would only spam themselves.

Red Devil

You can kick them and then ban them with chat commands.
What box???

Mr X

Quote from: Red Devil on December 13, 2009, 03:08:11 PM
You can kick them and then ban them with chat commands.

Yes, but the quicker the response the less lag they cause.
starting January 2010!

General BlackDragon

Shame we banned the best poseing expert from BZU.  :-P

*****General BlackDragon*****

Mr X

He was at it again today, under the names Veary, Bz2pwn00 and _____ (who's name he stole after ruining the real _____'s game with his chat spam technique)

Just an FYI, he claims to be this brilliant vet player, but I think he's just a troublemaker because on a 1 on 1 basis we all had no problems killing him.
starting January 2010!

AHadley

It's come to my attention that this incarnation of bz2pwn00 isn't actually Veary. It's an impostor.

Veary doesn't claim to be a vet either, he just doesn't particularly agree with us.

TwinShadow

Hm, looks like some people are probably going to have to password their games for a bit or something... Then again, I usually do that anyway because I only play with very few people as it is.