• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Experimental D3D9 Build (2009-12-13) Updated!

Started by Ultraken, December 13, 2009, 12:26:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commando

Out of curiosity, does bz1 and bz2 share very much code?

Ultraken

Battlezone 2 started with the game logic from Battlezone 1 transplanted from the Interstate 76 engine to the Dark Reign 2 engine, but changed drastically over the next year and a half.  Little, if anything, carried forward unchanged.

Ultraken

I just updated the build to fix the smoke and z-buffer problems, so give it a try.

Commando

Commando

I couldn't go beyond the second screen.  I clicked on SIngle, the screen went into windowed mode, and none of the buttons would respond from there.  I'll try running in Windowed only mode.

Commando

Everything appeared to work just fine in Windowed mode.

sabrebattletank

Quote from: Ultraken on December 13, 2009, 12:26:12 AM
For those who want to help track down crashes with Visual C++ 2008 Express:
Battlezone D3D9 Program Database (unpack to the same place as the executable)

All right! Just to be anally clear, it's the same place as the bzone.exe, not the Visual C++ Express executable, right?

Ultraken

Correct.  The bzone.exe.pdb goes with bzone.exe.

Red Devil

I notice that the text in the briefing screens is larger now.
What box???

Ultraken

Not deliberately :)

I screwed that up while trying to streamline the shell a bit, since it previously enumerated fonts every time it printed text.  That's extraordinarily wasteful, so I pushed the enumeration to the initial set-up code where it only gets done once.  The folks at battlezone1.net spotted that one too, among other things.

Red Devil

What box???

Ultraken

It's nice and readable, but the text gets cut off in the lower left planet info.

eddywright

I ran through the first couple of SP missions with the new build and everything looked good, no obvious problems, no crashes so far.

It's lookin' good!

Eddy

Ultraken

Thanks!  This build was pretty wonky, but the problems have been straightened out for the most part.  I have a few things to finish up before posting another build.

Commando

How hard would it be to add a building preview wireframe like bz2 has?