• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Experimental D3D9 Build (2009-12-13) Updated!

Started by Ultraken, December 13, 2009, 12:26:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bb1

Quote from: Commando on December 14, 2009, 10:43:18 PM
How hard would it be to add a building preview wireframe like bz2 has?

Way too difficult (read as the bz1er inside me saying don't touch  :mrgreen: )

Nielk1

Quote from: bb1 on December 14, 2009, 10:50:42 PM
Way too difficult (read as the bz1er inside me saying don't touch  :mrgreen: )

Definitely your opinion since its just loading the building mesh and displaying it as a wire frame based on where the ground rectangle already is. (Though depending on how the square gets how big it has to be he might have to make it receive both the dimensions AND the model instead of just the dimensions depending on its set up.)

CLEARLY if he did that it would be some sort of option.

Click on the image...

Ultraken

It's not impossible, but it would take a significant amount of work.  Would it need to work in software mode too?

bb1

So I was half right.

I thought you were ditching software?

Commando

K, was just curious since bz2 had it to allow easy positioning of buildings.

Ultraken

sabrebattletank

I mean, that'd clearly be nice -- but it's not something to worry about now I'd say. That's one for the other patches, if the rumors have a hint of truth ;)

Ultraken

Firestorm29

Hello, I'm ready to try and help out with the experimental patches now.

I'm running Windows Vista 64-bit (and XP visualized)
Intel Centrino 2 2.4 GHz
6.00 GB RAM
nVidia 9600M GT

So far I've had no problems with Vista save for one crash I haven't been able to replicate yet, which is a marked improvement over choppy software mode and not being able to run hardware whatsoever.

I did notice it looks like the Grizzly is missing a polygram behind it's longer cannon, but I think that's about all I've noticed for right now.

Is there anything else I need to look for other than that shaking effect?

Ultraken

I noticed the missing geometry as well, and it's been bugging me. :)

Commando

It's an issue with the 1.4 patch Grizzly model as far as I know.  I think the NSDF APC model has issues too.

Ultraken

Looking at renders of the Grizzly, the barrel is misplaced in the 1.4 model.  It should be directly below the smaller barrel.

Commando

Yeah, supposedly the fins were misplaced too.  I liked the overall slimmed down look of the model, due to the removal of the fines, but from what I was told, that was an unintentional change like the barrel bug.

Ultraken

That model seems to be all kinds of screwed up.  :|

(While the visibility isn't as good, I actually prefer the pre-1.4 cockpit geometry.)

Commando

The 1.3 model is probably more accurate than the 1.4 one.  Not sure why they made the geometry change.