• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Experimental D3D9 Build (2009-12-13) Updated!

Started by Ultraken, December 13, 2009, 12:26:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ultraken

If it were up to me, I'd dump the 1.4 Grizzly model entirely.  :)

Commando

Ultraken

It's pretty much wall-to-wall Fail...  :-D

What I think happened is that its VDF didn't get included.

sabrebattletank

Some funky image stuffs.

edit: yay, fix'd render.cfg. solved.

Red Spot

Just to be very clear ..
This is a patch for BZ1 and does not install BZ1 itself, or does it ?

(I lost my BZ1 disk years ago and as I couldnt get BZ1 to run on XP when borrowing an other disk I never bothered trying to get an other copy .. this might just change that .. ;))

Kudos to you Ken ;)
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

Ultraken

It's a patch.  You'll need a full install to use it.

Josiah

the messed up grizzly 'bug' can be quickly and easily fixed: simply delete all .geo files in the addon folder starting with agr, e.g. agr11bda.geo.

Ultraken

That's what I did locally.   :-D

I'd like to find its vehicle definition file to see what it was supposed to look like.  The version with all the thrust jets on the back might have been it.

Josiah

Quote from: Ultraken on December 16, 2009, 11:04:38 AM
That's what I did locally.   :-D

I'd like to find its vehicle definition file to see what it was supposed to look like.  The version with all the thrust jets on the back might have been it.

Easy. Go to your unzfs folder for bzone.zfs(you do have one, right?) and copy the avtank.vdf over to your addon. I had problems with it on one of the exe's, don't know if it was yours, or the old one.

Ultraken

I'll try breaking open the ZFS to look, but I'm pretty sure the avtank.vdf in there is what's currently in use.  There isn't anything in addon to override it, at least.

Josiah

Quote from: Ultraken
...I'm pretty sure the avtank.vdf in there is what's currently in use...

um, no it is not. I tested it, and it definitely is not the one being used. if it is, then it is not using the engines. look at the vdf, and see how many engines it has, and then go into bz and look how many are being used... if I knew how to post pics, I'd show you, but I don't.  :-(

Ultraken

Dx

The agr*.geo files don't belong in the addon, they was processed without the link file (I know this because the AGR1_COL.GEO is present). Someone probably tried to removed the engine flame emitters. The original grizzly has all engine flames working well.

Nielk1

I am curious about other things like the cockpit having a round barrel or a square one depending on some setting or version (it has been a long time since I have played BZ1).

Click on the image...

Dx