• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Experimental D3D9 Build (2009-12-13) Updated!

Started by Ultraken, December 13, 2009, 12:26:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VSMIT

My BZ1 install came with round barrels on the cockpits of both the Grizzly and the Czar.  Note that this install is from my original CD.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Dx

That is what should be on them, the Czar had a problem with textures changing depending on your render.cfg settings IIRC.

General BlackDragon

No.

1.0 Grizzly looks like this:

Then 1.4 looks like this:

Now, based on the outside of the tank, the ORIGINAL is supposed to be there.

1.3/1.4 patch for BZ1 did some really goofy things with the grizzly.

In fact, when I first got it, I immediately uninstalled the 1.4 patch because it did those 2 things.

Also, my zcar cockpit never changed, but aparently the same model as the grizzly's round one was used for it on some people's pcs. Mine's always looked like this:

Which again, matches the exterior model.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Commando

Yeah, the original 1.0 cockpit was more accurate when you look at the grizzly model.  I think some later editions of bz1 came with 1.4 preinstalled.  Especially if you purchased it with the Explosive label.

Dx

Your 1.0 pic looks like it's rendering lod3 instead of lod2 for the cocpit.

General BlackDragon

*shrugs*

It's my BZ1 straight off CD. What I grew up with.

Now, in that particular pic, I don't know if zbuffer is on or off, but that only affects the texture.

Josiah

GBD, you are usually so thorough, but you missed one little thing: If you have LA on, the tip cannon on the czar cockpit dissapears.

General BlackDragon

Not for me, I have LA on in that czar cockpit pic there.

Josiah

Quote from: General BlackDragon on December 17, 2009, 11:39:30 AM
Not for me, I have LA on in that czar cockpit pic there.

:[ O ] Dude! no kidding, eh? <slips hand under table for gbd's disc...> Gotta check this out and make sure it's with LA on, and not off.

EDIT: had to 'fix' ascii 'face'

Josiah

this is what I found:

1.0 czar has rounded barrel tip
1.4 czar has square barrel tip

1.0 grizzly has square barrel
1.4 grizzly has rounded barrel

can't find how to make the tip on the czar dissapear though, anybody know how to do this?

Ultraken

It looks like the 1.4 Grizzly cockpit geometry is using a cannon meant for the Czar.  :)