• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

ubelievable chopping and crashing

Started by TheDeadGuy, December 13, 2009, 01:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDeadGuy

Okay, BZ1 was one of the first games i ever played, and i like to come back to it every once in a while. with this latest reinstall whenever i start the game up with a shortcut it immediately crashes. it USUALLY starts up when i double click on the disk. sometimes it doesnt work. about half the time that i start combat training or a mission it works. when i finally DO get it to work it is UNBELIEVABLY choppy. i cant change resolution from default. i have all textures and stuff on HI RES. 3D graphics off (as per a suggestion on another post) but whatever i do it doesnt fix anything. i have seen a suggestion to turn off trilinear filtering or something like that but i have no idea where that can be found for its not in my options as far as i have looked (but i could have missed somthing wasnt being too thorough) HELP APPRECIATED!!! THX.

Also trying to find my copy of BZ2 so that i can try out some of ur guys mods and stuff and maybe meet up with u! :D

Red Devil

Tri-linear Filtering can probably be found in your video adapter's settings.

Be sure to use Ken's new patched bzone's.

Post your specs.

What box???

TheDeadGuy

Sry bout that, here are specs

OP: Vista Ultimate
precessor: Dual Core AMD 2.6 Ghz
Vid. card: Nvidia Gforce 8800 GTS
RAM: 2G

Firestorm29

Quote from: TheDeadGuy on December 13, 2009, 01:57:08 PM
Sry bout that, here are specs

OP: Vista Ultimate
precessor: Dual Core AMD 2.6 Ghz
Vid. card: Nvidia Gforce 8800 GTS
RAM: 2G

Are ya running 32-bit or 64-bit Vista. It's makes a world of difference which one you're using from what I've noticed.

Josiah

if you legally own Bz1, you can download a prepackaged upd.... wait a sec, maybe I'll just pm you...others have died on this topic.

Ultraken

Yes, that does tend to bring down the Banhammer.  :-D

The prepackaged installer is still technically illegal, even if Activision and Atari don't seem to care.  You also miss out on the atmospheric soundrack of the CD version.

(For the record, I test with both a patched retail Battlezone CD install and a Battlezone 1998 install since those are common install scenarios.)

bb1

I own it full retail and I don't get the nice atmospheric music :P

Is it piracy if the developer/programmer/producer download it illegally? Always been confused on that one.

Ultraken

I don't have any special dispensation for having worked on it since still doesn't legally belong to me.  I do, however, own two retail boxed copies (one original edition and one gold edition) so I think I'm covered.   :-)

AHadley

Got the boxed version and BZ98, so I assume I'm OK too... if I'm not, f**k it. I'm not gonna lose my BZ just because somebody decides I shouldn't be running it the way I am.

TheDeadGuy

i am running the 32-bit version of Vista, but i got BZ98 and it had same problem till i noticed a detail that i could change in the main menu but not in-game.........the resolution. it was set at 640x480 (or whatever the number are) and i have a 1024x1268 (or whatever the numbers are again lol) and i changed to correct resolution and that solved the chopping effect and i get a lot less crashes. every once in a while it still crashes and i have had to restart the campaign a couple times already but now i make sure i save every so often so i dont have to restart lol. for some reason my mission log isnt saved from start up to start up and i dont remember if that is standard, but my manual saves are saved at least. thank all of you for your help. and to all of you who are wondering i DO have a legal copy of BZ and BZ2 (still cant find BZ2 tho).

Ultraken

BZ2 is surprisingly expensive online, costing as much as or more than newly-released PC titles on Amazon.com.  I'm not sure why that would be the case, but that's what I found.

Ultraken

Yet BZ1 can be had for around $8...   :|

Commando

Who knows.  Look up bz1 gold and that is rediculously expensive.  I think it was about $80 or around that price anyways.

Firestorm29

Quote from: Ultraken on December 15, 2009, 04:56:01 PM
BZ2 is surprisingly expensive online, costing as much as or more than newly-released PC titles on Amazon.com.  I'm not sure why that would be the case, but that's what I found.
Imagine my disappointment today when I found a pinhole on my disc. It's on the installer, too. >: Can't install past 78%