• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

ubelievable chopping and crashing

Started by TheDeadGuy, December 13, 2009, 01:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dx

Do a manual install from the cd Firestorm.

Firestorm29

How would I do that? I thought all the data necessary for installing was located in the install.exe.

Dx

The data folder contains the full game.

Firestorm29

You mean data1.cab? Because WinRAR is telling me that file is either corrupt or damaged.

Maybe if I rummaged through my old laptop I might be able to find an installed version of the game... looks like that might be my only chance. :/

Ultraken

While you can copy the contents of the install data folder from the Battlezone 1 CD without using the installer, the Battlezone 2 CD isn't as convenient.  The data1.cab file seems to be in some oddball proprietary format.

You could try copying the Setup folder to your hard drive and running setup.exe from inside it.  If that doesn't work, I guess I could mail you the setup.exe since it's so small.

Firestorm29

Looks like data1 is a complete write off, I can't even get Windows to copy it from the disc. Everything else comes off the disc just fine.

I just hope that data1.cab is the only problem I have with this hole. I remember getting a scratch on the disc that made an invisible wall during the mission on Rend where the command ship gets shot down. It was in such a spot that prevented me from being able to complete the mission.

Ultraken

That blows :(

The problem is that data1.cab contains the actual game content...

Firestorm29

So pretty much the disc is screwed then... I'm guess the only way to get that file is another disc or some methods that's not allowed to be mentioned here then. Well, would it be illegal since my copy is damaged though? o.0

Josiah

ok, are we talking bz1 or bz2? bz1, like dx said, in your setup/data folder(I think) is all the files you need. bz2, hmm, go somewhere unmentionable like you said and get a new disc.

Firestorm29

Um, yea... Looks like I derailed the thread without intending to... ^^;

If someone wants to relocate the BZ2 parts, I wouldn't mind as long as I knew where it went.

TheDeadGuy

well im happy this thread could hekp somebody since i fixed my issue on my own :D