• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Nominations Thread

Started by VSMIT, December 14, 2009, 01:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VSMIT

Post your nominations for who you want to see in the new story committee.  Anyone can be nominated, but you cannot nominate yourself.  When nominated, I will add the nominee's name to this thread and PM them to see if they would like to be on the committee.  If they accept and are vetted by the modding leaders, the name will be moved to "Accepted."  If the nominee declines or is not accepted by the modding leaders, they will be moved to the "Rejected/Declined" section.

Please do not use this thread to discuss nominees.  If someone thinks that a nominee shouldn't be accepted, for whatever reason,

You can nominate more than one person, but please try to use one post, unless you decide to nominate someone after someone has posted in the thread.

If someone is already nominated, accepted, or rejected, please do not resubmit the name.  It will not increase their chances of being accepted.  If anything, it will just annoy the people deciding who is accepted.

Requirements for nominations:
  • Nominee Name
  • Why they should be in the committee.

I will not automatically reject a nominee based on my opinion of them.  Everyone will get due process.

Nominated:
    Iron Maiden
    Mr X
    VSMIT
    General Black Dragon
    AHadley
    Zero Angel

Accepted:
    Nielk1

Rejected/Declined:
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Clavin12

I nominate Iron Maiden. I think he has a good understanding of what needs to happen, and I think he'll write a good story.
C l a v i n 1 2

AHadley

I Nominate Mr X, Nielk1, and VSMIT from the comittee thus far. Those who have played the game and fully understood it (as the above have) stand a good change of writing an excellent story.

In fact, anybody who has played BZ1, BZ2, FE and QF (assuming the story will be based on these) should make a good writer, but only if they have played the games fully, read all the briefings and accompanying literature, and understand what is going on.

On those grounds, I would also like to nominate Avatar and GBD. They're making the game's biggest mod to date, so they are bound to know the story inside-out. Avatar especially.

Clavin12

And  should it be allowed to nominate a billion ppl at once?
C l a v i n 1 2

Zero Angel

EDIT: Actually, try to keep nominations to one person only please. I explained it further in the discussion thread

Quote from: Clavin12 on December 14, 2009, 07:03:30 AM
I nominate Iron Maiden. I think he has a good understanding of what needs to happen, and I think he'll write a good story.
Iron Maiden would be automatically excluded from joining the writing committee, unless he withdraws his story. One of the rules to prevent conflicts of interest is to either submit a story for consideration, or be on the committee. You can't have both.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Clavin12

Technically then shouldn't Ahadley get rid of four of his nominees? This is for a committee to judge and edit submitted stories, am I right?
C l a v i n 1 2

VSMIT

I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

AHadley

Mr X

I would like to nominate Ahadley because, having spent a long time with him working on the story with him, I know that he will bring some excellent story writing abilities to the table and whenever we encountered a problem he was most of the time the one to find the solution.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

Zero Angel

That is an excellent way to nominate someone (ie: saying why they would be good at it). Carry on guys.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

iron maiden

QuoteIron Maiden would be automatically excluded from joining the writing committee, unless he withdraws his story

ZA, I never actually submitted a story. I said I had an idea for one but if put on the story committee I would write one dealing with the main ideas of the story up till now, if that is what everyone wants.

Unless of course you are talking about my rough story plot-line I posted a while back before we had assigned writers. In that case if elected I would dismiss it for others ideas.
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

VSMIT

Avatar and Nielk1 have been accepted.

VSMIT

I'm nominating Zero Angel.  He seems very level-headed, and seems to have a deep understanding of the dynamics of how to make something like this work.