• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Wine and BZ2

Started by Clavin12, December 15, 2009, 11:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clavin12

So I have Ubuntu and am going to have WINE. How do I install BZ2 and possibly fs2? Oh, and does fs2 work with 1.2?
C l a v i n 1 2

hybirdisdf

Quote from: Clavin12 on December 15, 2009, 11:40:06 AM
So I have Ubuntu and am going to have WINE. How do I install BZ2 and possibly fs2? Oh, and does fs2 work with 1.2?

Its wont work on 1.2 patch and fs2 is for 1.3 5ta1.

Axeminister

Why use an operating system you don't know how to install stuff to?

Here, check out Neilk1's website and see what mods are for what patches.

http://www.bzcomplex.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Clavin12

Because win2k is slow and I don't have a CD for anything else.
C l a v i n 1 2

Red Spot

Tweak it ... windows 'can' run faster than the other OS's I know. It just wont do it out of the box ...
(Not sure about Vista though, but I will skip that one, and most likelly '7' as well ...)
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

Clavin12

Well it isn't booting right now so its kinda hard to tweak it.
C l a v i n 1 2

sabrebattletank

Quote from: Axeminister on December 15, 2009, 03:22:08 PM
Why use an operating system you don't know how to install stuff to?

Because you want to learn :)

GSH

Well, if you shoot yourself in the foot by not doing proper backups before installing things... it's a really expensive learning experience.

-- GSH

Clavin12

At least I backed up my important files. I didn't have media large enough to back up to. Besides I think I like Ubuntu better even though it's less compatible. What would the community recommend? Try to fix the windows install or remove it and claim the extra space?
C l a v i n 1 2

Zero Angel

BZ2 requires d3dx9 to be installed under WINE. The 1.3 patch additionally requires vcrun2008 (I think). On top of that under the 'libraries' tab of winecfg, you need to create an entry called 'dbghelp' and set its setting to "native, then builtin". The dependencies for wine can be installed via a shell script called 'winetricks' (google it), but there are other wine helpers which will install dependencies or even full windows apps for you.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Clavin12

I have wine completely and properly installed now.
C l a v i n 1 2

Clavin12

Where might I find d3dx9?
C l a v i n 1 2

Red Spot

Just install something that uses it ...
I just did a full reinstall of XP and havent yet installed a game, still do have 9.0c installed ... so it comes with other stuff ..

Else:
http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&source=hp&q=install+dx9&meta=&aq=0&oq=install+dx

Again ... google is your friend .. :P
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

Clavin12

I knew sum1 would say that. It's less trouble to ask here, because I know that I'm getting the right thing.

EDIT: Unless of course the link they give is just a Google search.
C l a v i n 1 2

Clavin12

Oh and for anyone using Ubuntu get wine and run blender through that. It's much simpler and the Linux version doesn't even work right.
C l a v i n 1 2