• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Wine and BZ2

Started by Clavin12, December 15, 2009, 11:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josiah

Quote from: Clavin12
...the Linux version doesn't even work right.

sometimes the linux version of some software isn't the latest, depending on you distro version, cause nobody wanted to compile the latest version because, well, just because. I know, cause the same thing happened to me for something else. If you are wanting the latest and greatest, NEVER rely on the built in software installer. get the sc from the website and compile it yourself. If you are serious about switching to ubuntu, go completely.

EDIT: win2k? ok, gotcha....

Clavin12

Seriously. Wine is much easier. With linux I had to download every package to support blender before I could install but with wine I just had to get python and blender installers and I was done.
C l a v i n 1 2

Josiah

Quote from: Clavin12 on December 17, 2009, 07:53:11 AM
Seriously. Wine is much easier. With linux I had to download every package to support blender before I could install but with wine I just had to get python and blender installers and I was done.

it may be better to download all the packages to support blender for you distro, because you won't be able(I'm pretty sure) to run any software you install by wine as fast as the linux version. depending on what distro version(which do you have?) and your computing power, you may not notice it at first, but it is definitely true.

Clavin12

Karmic Koala

1.128 Gib Ram

Amd XP 2000+

And btw I got the direct x installer but it's giving me errors. It doesn't say what except for look at the error log in the windows folder. I do but I can't understand the code.
C l a v i n 1 2

sabrebattletank

My impression is that direct x installers don't work so hot in WINE

Clavin12

Ok so I install bz2 and 1.2 patch in wine (winehq said that 1.2 is better than 1.3 for wine) but it's all messed up, as in the display. It's black except for the buttons, the opening movie doesn't play and all dialogue boxes are white. Any idea what's wrong?
C l a v i n 1 2