• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Experimental D3D9 Build (2009-12-16)

Started by Ultraken, December 16, 2009, 04:26:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ultraken

Let's try this again...

Things to download:
Executable
Program Database (optional)

Changes:

• Pilot hopping out of a Barracks no longer adds pilots (it deducts 1 for now, but that may change)
  • Fixed SITE camera rendering
  • Fixed external view camera controls at high frame rates
  • Fixed incorrect font in shell text areas (e.g. mission briefing screen)
  • Fixed an invalid floating-point operation in nacelle code when Hovercraft explodes
  • Fixed some asserts in Inst04Mission
  • Made AIP parsing more tolerant, treating integer and floating-point equally
  • Fixed invalid seeing range for non-Craft in AIP
  • Limited AIP update to 60Hz
  • Set unit hit points value correctly (used to determine strength)

I put the Anet links and usual reminders in another message since they will change only rarely.

Red Devil

Going through the missions now and noticed just now that the thruster flames turn off when you target the vehicle.

edit: All thrusters on all vehicles turn off.
What box???

Ultraken

Ah, right.  I haven't touched that yet.

eddywright

I ran through the first 6 SP missions last night without a single hitch. All the models and textures looked good, a solid 60FPS even while recording with FRAPs.

One thing I saw (and I think this is just BZ1), one of my scavs was knocked into the constructor and the two did a wild mid air dance that ended with the scav going vertical like an ejected pilot. It was hilarious to see a scav that high in the air!  I've tangled with the constructor before and went sailing but never that high.

Eddy

Ultraken

TheWall

(ehhh-hemmm)

UHhhhh... 'scuse me for interupting here, but... Eddy, aren't you forgetting ALL those time I mopped the walls of SnR with you and your scout????  "never went sailing that high" my arse........

Wall OUT!

Kevin - AKA TheWall

eddywright

Wall, half the time you weren't even awake...  How do you know you weren't dreaming?

:evil:

TheWall

:-o (I really can't stop snickering/laughing when I look at that body flopped on the ground!)

Kevin - AKA TheWall

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

eddywright

LOL - I gotta dig up my custom made personal flag that some incredibly talented bottle maker created for me.

BTW, the last time we sniped, Wall had so many holes in his head, he sounded like a pipe organ when ran around :)

Commando

I ran into a crash last night, but wasn't able to get anything useful from VS C++.  Windows Event Viewer gave me the following.  Hopefully something useful is in there.

Faulting application name: bzone.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4b28bb9e
Faulting module name: bzone.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4b28bb9e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00091d2d
Faulting process id: 0xd10
Faulting application start time: 0x01ca7fa4b48c5420
Faulting application path: C:\My Games\Battlezone\bzone.exe
Faulting module path: C:\My Games\Battlezone\bzone.exe
Report Id: 838dafe0-eb9c-11de-bfc6-00044b1585fb

Ultraken

Hm.  That fault address doesn't match anything in the map file, so it may be one of the imported libraries.

Commando

I couldn't get any useful info out of Visual studio because I was unable to see it's elevated permissions window to give it administrative access so I had to get that info from the Events log.

eddywright

I played the final mission last night with the continuous moon quake (funny that the moon has grass on it).  The shaking was minor and manageable. The only issue I saw was the transport ship, some of the sides were missing and a few gaps in the textures.

Otherwise,  no problems...

Eddy

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****