• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Pop gun usefulness=?

Started by Josiah, December 16, 2009, 12:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General BlackDragon

Hornet does 900 damage. Always has.

Duel Hornets are mean  :evil:

*****General BlackDragon*****

Blunt Force Trauma

Pops are like any other weapon in BZ/E, if you work with them enough they will reveal effectiveness you might have otherwise overlooked.

In BZE's Horus, for example, you can point the ship's nose down at a 45 degree angle at a ship in triggering range, and basically have it fire straight at the tank, somewhat like a very fast shadower.

eddywright

Quote from: General BlackDragon on December 17, 2009, 11:54:26 AM
Hornet does 900 damage. Always has.

Duel Hornets are mean  :evil:

I'm a fan of the wolverine with dual hornets. It's definitely not a dogfighting tank but you can wreak havoc in MP with one.  The BZE rocket tank with dual hellfires is my favorite hands down. You can out run them if you are quick to respond but any hesitation will get you killed.

Check out this - http://www.bz911.com/bze6.wmv At about 2/3 through the video, I'm in a rocket tank with dual hellfires. You can see the range and effectiveness in a strat game.

Eddy

Blunt Force Trauma

Yea, the BZE Rocket Tank with dual Hellfires is definitely up there with the most dangerous ships.  Probably in the top 3 tanks in BZE, if you exclude the BoPs.

But as a stock tank I'd still put it in the 70% percentile.

eddywright

I would agree with that. The map effects the effectiveness of different tanks and weapons. On wide open maps where line of sight weapons reign, the rocket tank doesn't fair as well. On textured terrains where the tracking abilities of the missiles is more useful, the rocket tank does better.

That reminds me, is there any way to tone down the red out effect when hit by a weapon? You can see in the videos how weapons that fire continuously like the lasers will blind you completely.

This is from a single SP hit

bb1

Quote from: eddywright on December 17, 2009, 08:37:44 PM
I would agree with that. The map effects the effectiveness of different tanks and weapons. On wide open maps where line of sight weapons reign, the rocket tank doesn't fair as well. On textured terrains where the tracking abilities of the missiles is more useful, the rocket tank does better.

That reminds me, is there any way to tone down the red out effect when hit by a weapon? You can see in the videos how weapons that fire continuously like the lasers will blind you completely.

This is from a single SP hit

That's the EDD spreading damage across the cockpit ;)

Blunt Force Trauma

I thought everyone knew how to prevent that red screen by now.

bb1

Quote from: Blunt Force Trauma on December 18, 2009, 05:34:26 PM

And lose radar?

Josiah

for the bolts: segmentRadius = 0.01

eddywright

Enlighten me :)

Um... don't get hit...    :roll: :evil: :lol:

-Av-

eddywright

I tried that, it was way too boring...