• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Ideas for foundations of the story

Started by Zero Angel, December 16, 2009, 09:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clavin12

This thread is not about missions at all. It's about the necessities of the story such as basic plot, and events.
C l a v i n 1 2

Shadow Knight

Quote from: Clavin12 on December 17, 2009, 08:17:03 PM
This thread is not about missions at all. It's about the necessities of the story such as basic plot, and events.
Did i just read you saying this thread isn't about the missions, then say it's about the missions?

bb1

Quote from: Clavin12 on December 17, 2009, 08:17:03 PM

necessities of the story: Stuff happening that makes things go forward.
Basic Plot: The noun version of going forward.
Events: Missions

If mods can be built around submitted models, why not mission design? But again if it is too early then it can go in a mission thread later, but hey maybe motherships and lazers might spark something with the race. Shotgun and see what hits method- not just single "This sounds good!" Attempts. Make the glove fit the hand. Go about it another way- the last way didn't work out so well, although it worked out 5x better than the first attempt 1.3CP.

Clavin12

I suppose. Nevermind what I said back then but I think we should come up with a skeleton before we build the missions. That's all we need really, a skeleton and missions.
C l a v i n 1 2

Nielk1

Lets now let some new people give their opinions. I don't really want the see the same 3 avatars for 10 pages like previous threads.

And remember, this is story foundations, not story in its rich details.

Clavin's bit I read in a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles book, so I can't see it as original either :-P, but that is the point. Archetypes are not original, it is the content and sub arcs you attach LATER that make it original.

aRc mod for example is your standard character growth archetype tied to the invading enemy archetype and later the Battlestar Galactica archetype. The few who saw my story for that likely didn't catch the archetypes unless they looked specifically for them.

Click on the image...

bb1

I have no avatar. Therefore you will see the same three avatars regardless of what I do. BWAHAHAHA

-1 to myself.

Zero Angel

bb1 your idea is good, but it does not belong here. Feel free to start another topic if you like.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Clavin12

Mine happens to be completely original, seeing as I've never read a single TMNT book.
C l a v i n 1 2

iron maiden

Let me remind you all that this thread is for posting ideas for stories. This is NOT a place to post your own story ideas, do that somewhere else. This thread is just for ideas you can use in your stories if you need them.
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

bb1

Quote from: Zero Angel on December 18, 2009, 06:49:40 AM
bb1 your idea is good, but it does not belong here. Feel free to start another topic if you like.

Accepted.

Clavin12

Well N1 called for skeletons and so I submitted one.
C l a v i n 1 2

sabrebattletank

Some things the story might have:

a point of decision (player chooses a side)
a betrayal (player rebels against someone) [biblical jesus/judas references optional]

Nielk1

Archetypes are basically skeletons summed in 1 to 3 words.
Examples:

Character Growth (Sub type would be Coming of Age but this does not fit a space military game)
Invading Enemy
Battlestar Galactica
Secret Military Program
Self Defense (normally part of Invading Enemy)
Self Survival
Forced to Fight

The point is for people to give some either Archetypes or base ideas for the story as so called 'blocks' that can be used or not used, arranged or not, and then shut up and let others provide things. THEN have some discussion. That was my comment about seeing the same 3 avatars for 10 pages like on other topics. The main say should go to the story comity or actual modders who can make real usable things right now. (Lets try not to have topics that are 90% Clavin and IronMaden each page. Sorry for the call out but that is what is seen.)

Click on the image...

Clavin12

Some more things:

Multiple points of decision
A betrayal from your authorities, as in the last isdf mission except it's not the end of the world
C l a v i n 1 2

sabrebattletank

I vote against using Time Travel as an element.