• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Grizzly model...

Started by Josiah, December 18, 2009, 08:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josiah

when GBD posted that pic that was supposed to make us all drool... I looked at it and said, 'That's a regular grizzly, with some fancy stuff tacked on. I betcha I could do that'

So here it is...

and the original pic...

and the 'regular' pic...

be honest and tell me what you think. I'm sure it's riddled with flaws, but then I'm kinda new to this stuff, so give me some slack.

Nielk1

Very nice, keep it up. I would love to help with the texture if you need it. Poly count?

Click on the image...

Josiah

Quote from: Nielk1 on December 18, 2009, 08:05:41 PM
Very nice, keep it up. I would love to help with the texture if you need it. Poly count?

ooh, unfunny... at least 10k, but that's my fault. the problem is I had 2 6x18x6 face cylinders for the barrels... totally fixable

EDIT: I also had 5x10x1 face cylinders for the hand grips...

bb1

You're missing the minigun on the left :P

Wrong. Just the texture looked like one before close inspection. Guess the concept model didn't need miniguns..

VSMIT

If you want it in BZ2, just remember that the triangle ceiling is 20k. :-D
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Josiah

oh I intend to knock it down at least 5k...

here's a different view...

Josiah

here are some thing I think might be done, but I'm not sure...

note: do not EVER get dial-up; it takes forever to upload pics...

EDIT: 'need to be', not 'be'; big difference...

Josiah

Quote from: VSMIT on December 18, 2009, 08:11:22 PM
If you want it in BZ2, just remember that the triangle ceiling is 20k. :-D

is that for ta5, or pb5.1? ta5 doesn't work on my computer, dial-up is way to slow to download pb5.1...

VSMIT

PB5.1.  And to answer your two questions on the pic GBD posted,
Quotewhat the heck is this?
Either a hatch or plate armor of some kind.  Don't forget the two hand holds that are just under the turret there!

Quoteare these more antennae?
Nope, that looks like a hand railing to me.  A single railing with the shadow under it.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Josiah

Quote from: VSMIT
PB5.1.  And to answer your two questions on the pic GBD posted,
Quotewhat the heck is this?
Either a hatch or plate armor of some kind.  Don't forget the two hand holds that are just under the turret there!

they're there, it just doesn't show up very well...

Quote from: VSMIT
Nope, that looks like a hand railing to me.  A single railing with the shadow under it.

you're right! That would make more sense too. Thanks!

bb1

The "More antaenna?" on the left was what I initially thought was the minigun.

Ultraken

This is definitely going well.  :)

General BlackDragon

"what the heck is this?"

A hatch? maybe maintinence or engine. I think it's the "hood"  :mrgreen:

Awesome you are now my best friend.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Josiah

ok, down from 11k faces/vert, to 3636 faces/3225 vert.  Here is an 'updated' version, with edited parts in blue:

I didn't think the excessive detail on the barrels and hand grips was necessary, so I turned the grips into squares, and bent them to look like hand grips, and then I used 2 cylinders with a *lot* less detail and a much lower face count. I still have the nice looking one, but I don't think I'll ever use it...

is there any more concept art, like the pic GBD posted? If so, I'd like to look at it; you never know what might happen...  :wink:

Josiah

Quote from: Nielk1 on December 18, 2009, 08:05:41 PM

would you mind? what I would like is a tad higher res texture. do you need the 3d file? (I hate unwraping uvs)