• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Grizzly model...

Started by Josiah, December 18, 2009, 08:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commando

In which game GBD?  Would they be too high poly for bz1?

Josiah

Quote from: General BlackDragon
So sexy.

:evil:

Anyone who want these tested ingame, send them over to me and i'll see what I can do with them in game, and tell you how much they lag :P

hmm... you wouldn't know anyone who wants them tested ingame now, do you?  :lol:
Sure, when I have the final model.

Quote from: CommandoBFT's model would look cool ingame.  Your's most likely will too once textured.

I'm waiting on N1 for the texture(right? right?!?)

General BlackDragon

ATM bz2 is the only game capable of using models with higher then 1-2k polies.

If Ken rewrites the graphics engine in BZ1 to allow high enough, then they could also be ported into that. Possibly even incorperated into the patch :D

*****General BlackDragon*****

Commando

I'd love to see a high poly razor and flanker.

TheWall

Interesting, somehow the geometry you've extracted is very slightly different than what Av- sent me....

Kevin - AKA TheWall

Commando

That's understandable.  AV recreated the models by hand using the textures to recreate the models to the best of his abilities.

bb1

Quote from: General BlackDragon on December 19, 2009, 12:33:00 PM
ATM bz2 is the only game capable of using models with higher then 1-2k polies.

If Ken rewrites the graphics engine in BZ1 to allow high enough, then they could also be ported into that. Possibly even incorperated into the patch :D

Untrue. DX posted countless times that he had dozen-thousands poly models in the game.

Blunt Force Trauma

Quote from: Commando on December 19, 2009, 12:37:04 PM
I'd love to see a high poly razor and flanker.

I may pull my Flanker out of mothballs and do some more to it over the long holidays.  To get inspiration to work on them, I need a 'hook' to keep me interested. Like my Uni-pulse or the Jackal/mortar/snare-mine weapon system, I need something to keep me pushing to the end.  I'm still grappling with some physical or weapon system justification for the big flapping Flanker wings.  

TheWall

WELL........ IF the tank I have is not theeeeee "INGAME" model, I'd like to have a look at the one from the install disk. If someone who has access to them would PM me for an email address, I'd appreciate it.

Meanwhile.... maybe for TRADE  :-o I worked a tad on the "Bumper" for the Concept Tank...

Kevin - AKA TheWall

Commando

General BlackDragon is able to extract the models.  He did it for the Chinese models for Avatar's BZC mod for bz2.

This is exactly right:

Quote from: Commando on December 19, 2009, 01:05:17 PM
That's understandable.  AV recreated the models by hand using the textures to recreate the models to the best of his abilities.

I explained all that to Ken, but not to Wall.    I apologize for being extra flaky right now... RL is killing me right now, as Christmas always does.    In another week I'll have actual FREE TIME for the first time in many many months, and intend to get back into BZC.

In the meantime if Wall is going to make us keepsakes of BZ1 I think they should be the real deal.  If someone (GBD?) wants to extract the originals with Dummy's utilities and convert them to 3DS it'd be great.

I, for one, want exactly what's in the game to the fullest extent possible used for any 3D models made.

Not that it's not cool moving into "Battlezone, the Next Generation", and I absolutely love the jazzed up models shown, but they're not my babies...  :)  

This is somewhat wrong:

Quote from: Commando on December 19, 2009, 02:10:58 PM
General BlackDragon is able to extract the models.  He did it for the Chinese models for Avatar's BZC mod for bz2.

He IS able to extract them, and did so for his own version of the Chinese units, but they're not the ones in BZC.  I did the same thing for the TRO units that I did for the others, made them all one face at a time from scratch.  They were considerably easier for the most part, but some of them are very strangely made...

-Av-

General BlackDragon

Yeah, My chineese are my own pets, :P

Although I'd love to contribute such marvels of work, I learned to animate things in notepad with them, and animated everything in the CRA with notepad.

*****General BlackDragon*****

TheWall

OK, that's interesting too. So... if anyone can/will get me a copy the original IN GAME units in a 3DS format (primarily the Grizzly and Scout for now), I'd appreciate it very much.

In the mean time, I'm taking a que from Josiah, and as I type this, DL'g an evaluation copy of 3DS 2010, to hopefully act as a translator from dummies utility to 3DS, making it usable to me for making a "real world" Grizzly (etc.).

Any help is apperciated... and if not.... "DON'T WORRY ABOUT MEEeeeeee....."  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

:wink:

Kevin - AKA TheWall

Blunt Force Trauma

Quote from: Avatar on December 19, 2009, 03:50:24 PM
. . . I apologize for being extra flaky right now... RL is killing me right now, as Christmas always does.    In another week I'll have actual FREE TIME for the first time in many many months, and intend to get back into BZC.

-Av-

This last weekend before Christmas is by far the worst part of the holidays for me.  I actually have a printed page of stuff to get done. Christmas time is pure work and stress, at least to me. . .nothing more.

Ultraken

The only limit on polygon count I can find in BZ1 is the 4MB vertex pool, so it may be less limited than BZ2 was before Nathan rebuilt the renderer.  The rendering system has a lot of overhead, though, so we can't go completely nuts with it until I add support for static models (which is a ways off).