• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Grizzly model...

Started by Josiah, December 18, 2009, 08:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commando

You able to get that model in bz2 too?

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

Quote from: TheWall on December 20, 2009, 02:55:58 PM
Av- I was thinking about going back FROM CAD to a NEW POLY model for use in the game! CAD to 3DS to ???

Oh, easy...  first get it textured, then export it to XSI for BZ2, or give it to Ken or Dx for conversion back to BZ1...

For BZ2 there are converters for several versions of Max, and a few other packages...

For BZ1 I assume there's a utility somewhere, since Dx got them into BZE, and I assume Ken can do it also...

-Av-

General BlackDragon

I have the ability to export models to BZ1 too,  :evil: <3 dummy's tools.

It's just that BZ2's model export is like a mexican house wife, "yessir, no sir, can't do sir"

while BZ1 exporting, is like a german house wife "Do this now exactly this way or get out!"

i.e. BZ1 models are VERY picky about exactly how they're setup. One wrong move and its 50/50 chance of crashing.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Commando

N/M, just realized that is bz2.

Quote from: General BlackDragon on December 20, 2009, 03:24:11 PM
It's just that BZ2's model export is like a mexican house wife, "yessir, no sir, can't do sir"

while BZ1 exporting, is like a german house wife "Do this now exactly this way or get out!"

:lol:

-Av-

TheWall

I converted the NURBS surfaces to MESH and exported to 3DS and loaded it into 3DS... saved it as a .max file. Anyone that would like the exported CAD version, let me know......

Kevin - AKA TheWall

Josiah

I was looking at the model, and there were some problems with certain parts of the mesh(cannon support for one...like GBD noted)
I used a stock grizzly for the base tank, and added the front and rear vents, both cannons, bumper(can I have yours Wall?), and slightly tweaked the turret. If Wall can give me his 'fixed' version of the body, engine, and turret, that would be neat.

sorry for not replying sooner, I went to church all day.

Josiah

Quote from: Blunt Force Trauma
Looks darn good Josiah.

You've followed the model pretty close as far as I can tell with the views provided. 

Tanks!
Quote from: Blunt Force TraumaMy only other comment was your choice of the 'wing' size was probably the best choice from looking at the two different sizes done in the ad posters.  The larger one, the one on the right, definitely matches the game best.

what's funny is that in the ad, the 'wing' edge is straight... the in game model has a bent edge

the one on the left is mine, just like the one shown in the ad; the one on the right is the one from the in game model.

TheWall

I'd PM'd Josiah to get him the CAD-ified tank (parts), bumper... went rummaging around for the bumper to get it ready, and well... one thing lead to another...

Trying to get it to look more proportional to the ART, so I scaled the Z (only)

And with the "East/West BUG"  :wink:

Kevin - AKA TheWall

bb1

Who's....freaking...next....

Red Devil

Gotta have those eyes and teeth in order to be bona fide...  :wink:  "You're not bona fide!"
What box???

Josiah

wow, that looks REALLY nice Wall. Its kinda like Avartar said: in max you move it out until it looks good, in CAD, that side is 4.1275. Yours looks really sharp. All you'd need to be complete is the cannon. Looks so much better than mine, but then again, I'm just starting this 3d stuff, while you've had years of experience...

Josiah

Quote from: VSMIT
Nope, that looks like a hand railing to me.  A single railing with the shadow under it.

LOL! I just realized what you said! I was watching the intro for some help w/the razor, and I saw it is indeed a single railing that gos around the turret.

VSMIT

Wow.  I was thinking about commenting on that when you added the two hand-holds to the turret, but thought that it was just some artistic interpretation.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.