• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Grizzly model...

Started by Josiah, December 18, 2009, 08:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheWall

What a Grizzly looked like before you bumblers started beating the #$%^ out of'm...

Kevin - AKA TheWall

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

Very!  How many polys?

-Av-

TheWall

Quote from: Avatar on December 21, 2009, 07:15:10 PM
Very!  How many polys?

I cant really answer that... The biggest reason is that all of the decoration (decals, painting, etc.) is actually "INLAYS", or in other words embeded solids... so the poly count would be insane... BUT for use in game, the handles are actaully 4 sided, with a chamfer on the corners (FEW polys), the grills are only 2 sides per rung. I'd actually REDUCED the polys on the base model from the original ingame model.

hehe... the "TEXTURE" I used for the GREEN on the hull etc. is actually the PARANOIA pre-game ICON/MAP!  :-o

EDIT

It actually makes that old LOW POLY Grizz look fashionable, doesn't it!? (I actually think I could hand count the polys on it... I THINK that makes a pretty low poly model!?)

Kevin - AKA TheWall

AHadley

Looks like something the TF2 team might pull out :-D

Dx

Looks good but how about a smile, show me da teeth. ;)

TheWall

Kevin - AKA TheWall

Blunt Force Trauma

Josiah

you are VERY good Wall.

Do the old original models that made the intro still exist? 'Cause that's all I am trying to create... Has anyone ever tried to make the models from the intro? Could someone with more talent than I do, do it? All I've been doing is editing the stock models...

General BlackDragon

I'd say you have alot of talen josiah :P

certianly more then i do.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Blunt Force Trauma

Quote from: Josiah on December 22, 2009, 09:52:41 PM
Has anyone ever tried to make the models from the intro? Could someone with more talent than I do, do it? All I've been doing is editing the stock models...

I don't understand Josiah, your models seem very accurate to the posters you're using.

Josiah

have you guys actually seen the models in the intro? Those things are soooooo detailed, that when I try to replicate them from the ingame models, it make me want to scream. I mean, really, I'll post a pic to show how detailed they are. maybe it's in part, because I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to this kinda thing, AND, that I know what I want it to look like, but I don't know how to do it, which drives me insane. I need more practice, and I guess if I keep at it, I might get better... maybe.  :-(

I haven't done anything for the last day or so, been transferring everything over to my new rig...

Josiah

Quote from: Josiah
I haven't done anything for the last day or so, been transferring everything over to my new rig...

well, ok, I did do a bit to Wall's beautiful model...

I hope the cannon support is not too big, was a bit of a problem... also, how does way of attachment between the two cannons seem to you guys? haven't done the railing yet...

Launch

Your work is really nice Josiah , myself I like to see an updated Grizzly ... look at what a little polish and imagination can accomplish Sherman Tank .

What can I say Wall . If I was one of the original persons that was involved in the concept of the Battlezone art , I would be crying and thinking my life had come full circle from that updated tank. Very well done !
http://bzfederation.com
Taking Battlezone to a new level ...

Josiah

I did the railing...

does it look acceptable?(the entire thing; complete?)