• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

G66 42 I need help

Started by Stebo, December 20, 2009, 05:11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stebo

I need help!
I installed G66 version 4.2 in the root directory and the new G66 dll's in the instant action file. I played several maps in multiplayer and everytime when I almost have the base completely built the puter freeze's up. Appreciate any suggests here, thanks.

TheJamsh

As far as im aware all you need is that one G66 B42 file, and extract it to root directory. Everything is included in that if im not mistaken.

If it still freezes up after that, then it may be a .dll or aip problem. Does the game just freeze or does it actually crash? Also what Computer spec do you have?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Stebo

The game freezes up, does not crash. I run quad processors with Nvida 9500GT card. I never had this problem with any game. I did have the G66 4.0 files first then I removed BZ entirely and reinstalled everything, could that create the problem?

General BlackDragon

I wouldn't normally think so.

After a freeze, post the contents of the "battlezone.log" file, found in your BZ2 directory.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Red Spot

Perhaps asking the obvious, but you do not have this problem when running plain BZ2 1.3pb5.1 ??
Also not on the larger MPI maps (think GH).. ??

I've had the same on previous 1.3's when playing a several hour match, but havent seen it on pb5.1 so far ...
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

Stebo

No problem when I run 1.5, if fact the game runs very smooth. Problem started when I installed G66 4.2.

Red Devil

The G66 2.0 DLLs do not get moved.

Just open the zip and either drag the files to the root of your install or unzip them to the root of your install, then add /config G6620.cfg to the end of your shortcut.

Quote from: Stebo on December 20, 2009, 05:11:22 AM
I need help!
I installed G66 version 4.2 in the root directory and the new G66 dll's in the instant action file.
What box???

TheJamsh

And we didnt mean G66 1.5, we meant Battlezone II Public Beta 5.1. VERY different things

Stebo

The last freeze came up with an exception code error message C0000005, also stated this exe. is using 36 MB peak is 38 MB.
Can anyone explain why this is happening?

TheJamsh

No because we need the ENTIRE crash report (or AV in these cases)