• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Sabrebattletank's Story Idea Exploration Thread

Started by sabrebattletank, December 20, 2009, 09:37:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabrebattletank

I've created this thread to explore and discuss one basic idea that I have for the story -- this thread is for exploration and discussion of the following story idea ONLY. That said, feel free to add on or qualify it. I intend for this thread to be read over by the story committee and if they like anything here, to take it from this thread, in whole or in part.

Bio-metal is a deity, and the Third Faction worships it as such. Or, perhaps they are its priests.
The Third Faction has evolved in conjunction with bio-metal -- they are not a hybrid biometal-human like the scions.

But, some link exists between the scions and the 3rd because of their shared bio-metal essence -- although the 3rd faction shares a much deeper connection with bio-metal than the scions. Thus, the scions feel a "call" from the bio-metal -- and the send out someone to answer it.

What path might a story like this take? What are some advantaves/disadvantages? Would such a world be consistent with canon?

Clavin12

A third faction splits apart from the hadeans in order to worship the god of biometal which has taken up a personality. In reality and unknown to the player there is one person behind the making of the biometal god, kind of like frankenstein.

Hows that?
C l a v i n 1 2

iron maiden

Again SBT, statistics show that if the metal is stronger than the tissue, it becomes much more like a Fury. Also, wouldn't  a deity made bio-metal also draw the attention of the Cerberi and pretty much everyone Bio-metal in the Galaxy?
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

sabrebattletank

@Calvin
I like the split idea -- I'm not so sold though on the "having taken on a personality" bit. As I see it, the god wouldn't really need to have a personal form. Maybe there's some device that it uses to communicate with people (newly-discovered form of bio-metal?).
I'm hesitant in that that the biometal god is one person pulling the strings -- it's a sort of collective of all bio-metal that's influencing history, perhaps in making factions war on each other or perhaps other things.

I'm also not sure if you're suggesting a Wizard of Oz type deal, which I also don't really see working.

@iron maiden
I'm not suggesting a deity-made biometal, rather, a sort of collective deity that consists of bio-metal and uses the bio-metal to influence the course of history.
Also, the type of union between metal and tissue would be different than that in a Fury, more like that of the scions. How do the scions get around this problem? Maybe these guys do the same thing.

iron maiden

I'm starting to see the picture here, but I'm still skeptical.

bb1

No more Hadeans...no more Cerberi. Falling back on them as a crutch so often inhibits creative thinking.

What does Biometal want, anyway?

sabrebattletank

Could be that it wants two things. Feel free to propose more/diffs and such.

Biometal could want two things:

a) its spread
ii) war among the species of the galaxy

bb1

a and ii) lol doesn't match but anyway

1) War among the species of the galaxy
  a) Promotes its spread?
  b) Everything kills everything else and biometal becomes dominant life form
     - potential survival strategy it evolved????
  c) Infuse itself with other things?

Potential difficulty:

1) How do you combat a war created by something else? More war?
2) You can probably only delay being infused or find a way to counteract it...using biometal...
3) Plug the pools or fill them with sand? Cough...

Clavin12

Imagine the life of the infused if controlled by an overmind. Perhaps biometal "evolved" enough to create a central system for thought processing and now can control all the infused, which means the scions at least.
C l a v i n 1 2

Warfreak

Or this was the side plan of Nemesis, introduce the Swarm and Biometal at the same time. :-o

The Swarm to do it's bidding and the biometal to "combat" the Swarm, except seeing as there are other organic life in the galaxy, biometal now broadens it's "target spectrum", as anticipated. The Promethians spread it throughout the galaxy and now that enough species have contacted it the true purpose can be fulfilled, DESTRUCTION OF ALL SENTIENT LIVE  :evil:.

This of course is my thought process. :-D

iron maiden

but why would the promethians do this if sentient life was bound to discover it?

Warfreak

Biometal was found out at the last hours of the Promethian Existence to be the Achilles Heel of the Swarm, So they sent out probes with information to produce biometal strands to the 4 winds, essentially spreading it.

They did so to allow the rest of the galaxy(?) a fighting chance, My "theory" is that this was part of a more diabolical plot which relied on this spread to insure that total eradication would be imminent. (Remember, there IS such thing as inactive and active forms of biometal, ex. Titans)

iron maiden

But why exactly would they send it to other sentient races to destroy the swarm only to have the bio-metal destroy those sentient races following.

[I know I sound a bit ignorant but I am just trying to understand this, it's confusing.]

AHadley

Quote from: iron maiden on December 22, 2009, 03:14:18 PM
But why exactly would they send it to other sentient races to destroy the swarm only to have the bio-metal destroy those sentient races following.

[I know I sound a bit ignorant but I am just trying to understand this, it's confusing.]

They didn't realise that Biometal had the capability to destroy those races.

You did play FS, yes?

iron maiden

Sadly, no. I apologize to BBB. I just have not had the time, tech nohow, nor the skill to play it. but i am now understanding this concept.