• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Sabrebattletank's Story Idea Exploration Thread

Started by sabrebattletank, December 20, 2009, 09:37:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warfreak

AHadley hit it on the nail. How this ties in to the original purpose of this topic, well:

-"Call of the Biometal" could be the rallying of the troops. While impure, the hybrid races are still biometal, and as such good source of manpower.
-The Deity could be an Active "Titan" that seeks to destroy all life, as we(I) assume they all do based on the Cthonian's run into them.
-This could mean the end of biometal warfare, or just a new beginning. >:D (Active vs. Inactive, just some random ideas really.)

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

Warfreak

I've been wondering the same thing myself. If not their purpose can just be for resources.  :evil: (I would think Fury-Like Hybrids would count as active, really not sure about Scion-Like Hybrids.)

Clavin12

So let me get this straight. Furies are essentially scions except with active biometal instead of inactive.
C l a v i n 1 2

Shadow Knight

I tend to think of it more like Scions are human infused with biometal, while Furies are biometal infused with human.

Nielk1

Quote from: Shadow Knight on December 22, 2009, 09:11:54 PM
I tend to think of it more like Scions are human infused with biometal, while Furies are biometal infused with human.

Waiter, this can use some more human.
*waiter gets pepper grinder ready...

Click on the image...

bb1

This idea is getting more and more interesting as we discuss it...so many mysteries we could guide a player through..

sabrebattletank

Maybe this makes sense.

Active biometal -- part of the collective concious/unoncious and can influence things/send messages/information to things (other bio-metal).
* Furies
* 3rd Faction/New Race.

Inactive biometal -- can receive input from active bio-metal but can't return bio-metal signals.
* Scions.
* (Scion ships?)

Dead bio-metal -- alive in a similar sense to how virusus are "alive" -- can fix/repair itself but can't receive input from the collective.  
* Humans ships.
* Cthonian ships.
* (Scion ships?)

Warfreak

Hmm, I think I should have stated that Fury are Active-LIKE (That is, the biometal traits are dominant, Aggression and such) while Scions are Inactive-Like/Not Affected by their infused biometal. (Inactive could be considered "Controllable" Biometal, I.E. the stuff you encounter every day on every world, except it DOES have the ability to go "Fury" on you.)

bb1

Quote from: sabrebattletank on December 23, 2009, 11:50:17 PM
Maybe this makes sense.

Active biometal -- part of the collective concious/unoncious and can things/send messages/information to things (other bio-metal).
* Furies
* 3rd Faction/New Race.

Inactive biometal -- can receive input from active bio-metal but can't return bio-metal signals.
* Scions.
* (Scion ships?)

Dead bio-metal -- alive in a similar sense to how virusus are "alive" -- can fix/repair itself but can't receive input from the collective. 
* Humans ships.
* Cthonian ships.
* (Scion ships?)

Good show. So, in essence, giving the time to evolve, furies would eventually "get their cool" and evolve into some third faction? Not saying directly, but saying this type of connection probably exists. Perhaps they can alter their own makeup with a simple thought... how nightmarish....

OT: Player should find  derelict grizzly tank and have to get it working to get back to base :P I love that ship.